Sign in to follow this  
cazzesman

Will these connections work?

Folks just day dreamin' about a different way to set up some Audio/Video gear.

I use a WD-Live for all my movies and TV shows.   So I need a AVR to get the image to the TV.   But I want the Audio component of the movie to travel a different route via optical toslink into a DAC.

Will/Should this chain work.

WD-Live - HDMI out into Yamaha RX-V375 - HDMI out into Plasma TV (for the video from WDLive)

WD-Live - Optical out into AMR dp777 dac - direct via XLR or RCA into SGR CX4F active speakers. (for the audio from the WD-Live)

Is there likely to be any lip sink issues splitting the video/audio signals in this way?????

Regards Cazzesman

Is there likely to be any lip sink issues splitting the video/audio signals in this way?????

Probably, possibly but really easy to find out for sure.

Why does the video via HDMI have to go through the AVR?

Can't you feed HDMI direct to telly and then take an optical out from it for the audio?

Ummmmmmmm just looking at my TV it has 2 x HDMI In.   And I currently run Optical out of the TV into my AVR for the sound.

I currently run my WD-Live and DVD into my AVR via HDMI and out via HDMI into the TV for both images.

The TV has 2 x HDMI In.     So I could run the WD-Live via 1 x HDMI and my DVD via HDMI into the TV and Optical out into a DAC like the AMR dp777, which has the volume control.

That way I wouldn't need an AVR at all.

Is my thinking correct there?

My Audio only chain would just be via USB or AP2 (Co-axial) direct into the AMR dp777

Regards Cazzesman

Ummmmmmmm just looking at my TV it has 2 x HDMI In.   And I currently run Optical out of the TV into my AVR for the sound.

I currently run my WD-Live and DVD into my AVR via HDMI and out via HDMI into the TV for both images.

The TV has 2 x HDMI In.     So I could run the WD-Live via 1 x HDMI and my DVD via HDMI into the TV and Optical out into a DAC like the AMR dp777, which has the volume control.

That way I wouldn't need an AVR at all.

Is my thinking correct there?

Sounds good to me.

Audio wise, what's the AVR doing now if the output of the  AMR dp777 is powering the active speakers?

I don't actually own a AMR dp777.  I'm thinking how I might be able to afford one by rearranging/selling what I do have to raise some money toward it.

My NAD C390DD currently provides the pre-amps for the Active speakers.  

So........By Jove you might have prompted me for a solution as outlined above.    :thumb:   Thanks for the input.

Regards Cazzesman