Sign in to follow this  
vpiindustries

Greatings from USA

Greetings from the US!  This forum was recommended to us and it looks like a great place to be involved in to help answer turntable questions and provide easier access for requested information.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here! :cool:

Mat Weisfeld

Welcome Mat. We're privileged to have so many knowledgeable industry members from around the globe as part of our site.

We have only one small request however. We ask that industry members state their commercial interests in their signature.
http://www.stereo.net.au/information/website-guidelines/

Welcome once again, and look forward to your contributions.

Greetings

Not enough of your gear reaches us!

Guest yamaha_man

G'day there,

Many people here love your products myself included.

Welcome and looking forward to learning from you.

Cheers.

Welcome aboard!

This thread might be of interest, one of our members has had a poor customer experience acquiring one of your turntables.

http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.php?/topic/55213-mc-cartridge-recommendations-for-vpi-traveller/page-2

To keep this in context, through no fault of VPI's however. In fact, VPI (and Mat himself) have been praised for their efforts and responses.

To keep this in context, through no fault of VPI's however. In fact, VPI (and Mat himself) have been praised for their efforts and responses.

It was not my intention to imply that VPI was at fault, I just wanted to highlight the difficulties in getting their products to keen fans of their products.

Please accept my apologies for any misinterpretations.

I'm also looking at buying a TT in the new year and the VPI Traveler is on my radar  ;)

Guest Misterioso

Welcome! I would be great to have a VPI dealer in Melbourne. 

Great read, thanks for sharing JD.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tellmidd
      Two things I need help with. (im not a techie so looking for an expert to help).

Firstly, I'm getting some hum coming from my turntable. I have identified that its coming from the left channel of the junction box (see photo) on my VPI Classic. It seems that the RCA connection is loosened so it might need tightening and resoldering inside.

Is there someone in the Melbourne area that can come around and fix it (in-situ) at my home in inner city Melbourne. I dont really want to cart the turntable around town.

Secondly, I need the same technician, who has experience with the VPI JMW memorial tone arm to tweak the cartridge set-up. Its going well, but I'm sure its not set up optimally so someone with expertise in both these areas who lives locally and willing to come around and do this would be great. Naturally, for the trouble, I'm happy to come up with mutually agreable arrangement in terms of payment.

Many thanks -T

• By sammatt
      Item: VPI TNT Mk 2 Turntable with SDS speed controller (reduced price)
      Price: $2500  (reduced from $3500)
      Item Condition: excellent; see notes
      Reason for selling: downsizing
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info: 
      Note: This is a reduced-price offer of the turntable and controller only.  The tone arms and cartridges are optional extras.

The TNT series, designed by VPI’s Harry Westfield, is well known for its ability to transform vinyl playback into something very special.  It presents with authority and weight, reveals the all-important midrange magic, and provides plenty of detail and air.  Ambiance retrieval from good vinyl with an accurate setup is excellent.  This TNT Mk 2 model displays all of these qualities.  The package includes the following:

- Turntable, platter, motor, drive bands, and spring-loaded footers
      - VPI SDS speed controller (33 rpm only)
      - Tone arm board (this is reversible with two mounting holes, one for flush mounting and the other for elevated mounting)
      - VPI record clamp
      - replacement drive bands
      PRICE: $2500 (reduced from $3500)

-  Audiomods Classic 2 Tonearm with adjustable VTA mounted with an Ortofon Bronze MM cartridge (as seen in photos) - additional $350
      -  Rega RB250 tonearm with Origin Live adapter, Origin Live VTA adjuster sleeve, with Clear Audio Aurum Beta S Wood MM cartridge - additional $200

Note that this controller/motor/drive band combination does not have the torque to start the platter spinning.  A slight manual spin by the user, using the record clamp, is needed as you press the motor’s power button.  It takes only one second.  This solution has worked for many years and has helped preserve the motor.

The turntable is available for a no-obligation audition at residence in Newcastle. Shipping to Australian destinations is possible at buyer’s cost.  Set up by an experienced enthusiast or professional is required.

https://www.vpiindustries.com/tnt2

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By LWA Staff
      Item: Dynavector KARAT 17D2 MKII Moving Coil Cartridge
      Price: $725
      Item Condition: Excellent Secondhand Condition
      Payment Method: Credit Cards, Cash, Paypal, Bank Transfers, ZipPay
      Shipping: We can shipping to anywhere in the 16 known universes
      Extra Info: Take your vinyl payback to the next level with this excellent DV Karat 17D2 MKII. As with all cartridges we have inspected this one under the microscope (actual images included below) and it is in excellent condition.
      (taken direct from the Dynavector website)
      Description:
      17D2MKll Karat Diamond is the first cartridge built using 'dispersion' theory. Its Micro-Ridge stylus and very short (1.7mm) solid diamond cantilever give a huge reduction in 'frequency dispersion', unmatched dynamics and a high frequency extension all the way up to 100kHz. The latest patented magnet circuit design increases the output to 0.26mV with crystal clear mid-range and treble even during the largest symphonic crescendos.
      Features and Improvements:
      Dynavector Karat is notable for its gemstone cantilever. This 1.7mm long and 0.25 mm in diameter solid diamond cantilever has its 0.06 square mm stylus mounting hole precision cut by a laser beam machining precess.The Micro Ridge of 0.06 square mm nude diamond stylus is carefully mounted in the cantilever. The armature of 0.9mm square and 0.4mm thick is much smaller than normal, upon which are wounded 70 turns per channel of 11 micron fine wire.
      Due to the short rigid construction of the cantilever the 17D2MKll showed a flat frequency response up to 50KHz.
      The New 17D2MKII now features Dynavector's unique magnetic flux damping and softened magnetism (patent) along with powerful Neodymium magnet that combine to eliminate any hardness or irritating edginess that commonly occurs in many moving coil cartridges. This has also enabled to increase the output of 0.26mV.
      Specifications:
      Type     Low output moving coil cartridge with flux damper and softened magnetism
      Output Voltage     0.26mV (at 1KHz, 5cm/sec.)
      Channel Separation     25 dB (at 1KHz)
      Channel balance     1.0 dB (at 1KHz)
      Frequency response     20 - 20,000Hz (± 1dB), 20 - 100,000Hz
      Compliance     15 mm/N
      Tracking force     1.8 - 2.2 g
      Impedance     32 ohms
      Recommended load impedance     > 100 ohms
      Cantilever     1.7mm length, 0.25dia solid diamond
      Stylus tip     Micro-Ridge
      Weight     5.3 g

• By handysteel
      Item: VPI TNT 3 with 4 upgrade Turntable, With Power Supply Full clear acrylic cover and base. (No Stylus) Ortofon Jubilee Stylus (Retiped by Expert Stylus & Cartridge Co England, Approx. 200 hrs use) available at extra cost (Negotiable.)
      Price: $5000 
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Personal
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash Only. This table is very heavy and will be difficult to ship.
      Extra Info: This is a highly rated B Class table. The table is in excellent condition, only selling due to personal reasons. Ortofon Jubilee Stylus (Retiped by Expert Stylus & Cartridge Co England, Approx. 200 hrs use) available at extra cost (Negotiable).

Pictures:

• By Melbourne Hi Fi
      Item: EOFY CLEARANCE SALE Start TUESDAY 
      Price: Up to 65% off 
      Item Condition: NEW | EXDEMO | EX DISPLAY
      Payment Method: CASH | EFTPOS | MASTER CARD | VISA
      Extra Info: Starts Tuesday 13th June until JUNE 30th
      Pictures: