cazzesman

Minimalist Look For Me

stereo2006_zpsfde10e42.jpg

Here's my purpose built audio enclave.   I use to have a lounge that was 6 x 4mts.  Behind one of the 4 metre walls was a 3rd bedroom that was 3 x 6.  So we recently knocked down the dividing wall and pinched 3 x 3 of the bedroom for the Stereo/TV set up.    The high window was intentionally put in that way so it was out of the way but still provided some afternoon light.   The floor to ceiling height is 11'. 

The DIY acoustic baffles are 100mil Acoustisorb 2.   The Corner traps are Acoustisorb 2 but the full wedge into the corner.     I have a 1.5 x 1.5mt Acoustisorb2 panel that I put infront of the TV for audio only listening.      Stuart from SGR measure the room recently to 10htz flat.     During the recent reno all the 4 walls were insulated with some good stuff.  The windows are all double glazed and the ceiling is heavy insulated.   On the floor I have a bamboo floating floor ontop of chipboard sheets.  Below the chipboard is is polystyrene sheets suspended between the joists.

My wife said before the reno she could hear the music 20 metres from the front of the house on the footpath.  Now she struggles to hear it walking down the side of the lounge room wall.     The neighbors must be happy :P

The darling wife does quilting and is currently designing something to hang infront of the Corner bass traps.   Currently looking for some material that she will love for the 1st/2nd reflection panels.   

http://s306.photobucket.com/user/cazzesman/media/stereo023_zpsf323a165.jpg.html'>stereo023_zpsf323a165.jpg[

The olde DIY audio rack from TNT website.   Works very well being able to raise and lower shelves as required.  Each component has some rubber audio feet attached.

stereo024_zps5570ebc7.jpg

The Brains Trust.    From left is the NAS 411 Slim.  4 x 1tb HDD, Audiophilleo pure power, CAPS Lagoon, WD Live for the TV Shows/Movies via hdmi into the NAD C390DD.

Edited by cazzesman

Looks great...all that treatment! Almost an anechoic chamber. I'd love to hear those lovely SGr's in that room. The bass must me very impressive..

Well done and thought out mate.

M

Edited by unclemack

Thanks Uncle.   Yep the CX4F's are the bee's knee's.  

As the old saying goes............................If it was a choice between the CX4F's and the wife....................I would be a real gentleman and help her pack :love

Regards Cazzesman

So where does she live now?

GBtkNR.jpg

November 2017 update - since photobucket went all corporate on us.

Still keeping with that Minimalist look :-)    Still waiting on my wife to make some covers for the reflection/absorption panels. :-(

3 metre width.  .5 off each side and 1.5 from rear wall to front of the speakers.  Slight toe in.

New SGR CX4F's MkII that look just like the old MkI's but sound SOOOOO much better. :-))

ReyLlo.jpg

New rock solid, solid timber cabinet.    Damn heavy.

Left to right

Green lights of silent NAS hidden in the back

DIY CAPS Lagoon - headless music server

Mutec USB 3+ reclocker.  I cover the Christmas lights with some black cardboard when in use :-)

Elektra Preamp

Oppo 105D tweaked

Top right is NUC for Kodi/Covenant.

All devices sitting on Isonode Pods.    Pre and Oppo sitting on extra MDF board with sound deadening Bitumen sheeting attached underneath.  MDF sitting on half tennis balls.

The cat often sleeps in the bottom left cubby hole.   She doesn't care how loud it gets, she just hops in when the music is on. 

Regards Cazzesman

Edited by cazzesman

Cazz.  Great to finally see where it all sits in.  :)   Need to pull some green's out for that MK2 upgrade on mine.  THat empty shelf is begging for a TT rig.  Would love to see the two subs you had next to the speakers in an old pic (ie before/after) pics!

Edited by katattack74

The Cabinet was made by Seng who is an elderly Chinese gent who owns

Simply Home  - Furniture maker in Airport West, Victoria

Address: 46 Halsey Rd, Airport West VIC 3042

He has made about 10 different pieces of furniture over the past 20 years.    He is just about to retire.

He takes his time to get stuff done but it is normally worth the wait.  

The timber used was Messmate and it is 32mil thick.   

Regards Cazzesman

40 minutes ago, cazzesman said:
The timber used was Messmate and it is 32mil thick.   

Our bedroom suite is made of Messmate, you're not wrong about heavy!

7 hours ago, cazzesman said:

Green lights of silent NAS hidden in the back

DIY CAPS Lagoon - headless music server

Mutec USB 3+ reclocker.  I cover the Christmas lights with some black cardboard when in use :-)

Elektra Preamp

Oppo 105D tweaked

Top right is NUC for Kodi/Covenant.

Beautiful set-up, thanks for updating!

Have a look at this option for the lights on the Mutec, I use them on all of my LED/s and they're awesome.  You can get 100% blackout, or 85% etc.    - http://www.lightdims.com/special.htm

How is the Oppo 105D tweaked?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.