Cafad

FS: Exposure Classic 28 Dual Mono Power Amp

One Silver Exposure Classic 28 power amp rated at 70wpc into 8 Ohms.

Item:  Exposure Classic 28 Power Amp (in sliver)

Price:  $1200 (including postage to anywhere in Australia)
Item Condition:  Excellent, perhaps 200 hours of operation.
Reason for selling:  A little too warm for my liking.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:  Retailed for about $5K when new.  Check out http://www.exposurehifi.com/classics.html for more info.  I also have a Classic 21 preamp available (in black) for $750 (including postage to anywhere in Oz)
Pictures: 

post-130663-0-63308600-1385082268_thumb.

Classic pre and power.

post-130663-0-38563300-1385082443_thumb.

And with some friends in my big comparo a while back.

I could have sworn I had an internal pic as well but it appears I don't :( .  Oh well, additional pics by request if anyone really wants to see the innards.

Edit:  Almost forgot, this amp does not like high capacitance speaker cables, so braided cat 5 cables, ribbontek (or ribbonflex) or gertz are out of the question!  I've tried the first two and I've included the third by reputation.

Edited by Cafad

Err how much for the police box in the corner... :)

You can't put a price on the Tardis, it's a pop culture icon and as such I could not bring myself to put it up for sale.

So you can hardly wait for Sunday.

He's got a tardis so he's already done next Sunday!  :D How was it Cafad?

He's got a tardis so he's already done next Sunday!  :D How was it Cafad?

Sorry, I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement so I can't divulge any particulars, but generally speaking, pretty freaking awesome! 

Oh and Hensa, Monday after next you should really take a sickie.  Just trust me, OK!

So you can hardly wait for Sunday.

On a slightly more serious note, yes, I am looking forward to 06:50 on Sunday morning.  I've already set my alarm.

Wait a minute, that's daylight savings time.  OK, 05:50 EST it is then, good thing I checked.

I did have an inflatable dalek for a while, (originally purchased to be used as a bucks night joke for a mate of mine but for several reasons that never came to pass) but once my nephew decided that he would make a good boxing partner the poor dalek didn't last too long.

I miss him, he always got a few good stares when I drove around with him stuffed into the passenger seat (if only I'd had a sun roof, now that would have been cool).

OK, Christmas discount time.  Cut another hundred off the power amp for $1200 and $50 off the pre down to $750.

All right, just in time for "Christmas in July" I'll drop the price to $1000 for the 28 and $500 for the 21 (plus postage).  And Merry Not-Really-Christmas!

And a few pics of the classic 21 preamp by request.

post-130663-0-62579100-1404013470_thumb.

post-130663-0-63880000-1404013565_thumb.

post-130663-0-28769600-1404013654_thumb.

And just for kicks, a 'lids lifted' shot of the Classic 21 preamp.  

post-130663-0-42228900-1404014306_thumb.

And a 'lids lifted' shot or two of the Classic 28 power amp.

post-130663-0-03756400-1404014592_thumb.

post-130663-0-99468800-1404014696_thumb.

Note the size of the torroidal transformer in the 21 preamp, about the same size as the ones in the power amp, somewhere around 400VA I would guess.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tony Cox
      Item: CAWSEY Pure Class A single-ended solid state amplifier
      Price: $1500
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: recently bought less efficient speakers
      Payment Method: Pickup - COD or bank transfer Only

Extra Info:
      This is a high-spec version of Garry Cawsey's superb sounding (8 ohm) class A amp with Bocchino RCA and speaker terminals, integral power cord and several other tweaks which only Garry knows the secrets of!

It has a built-in gain stage/volume pot, so in effect it behaves like an integrated amp with a single input if desired, or alternatively just pair it with a pre-amp for use as a dedicated power amp.

Conservatively rated at 12W per channel, it does a fantastic job of driving speakers rated upwards of 88 dB

Price new was $4000. (Garry's base model is $3000 but this is one with the 'extras'.) Although purchased a year ago, it has only been in use about half that time due to overseas trips and more recently the fact that my new speakers, being rated at 86dB into 4 ohm ideally need a beefier amp. Even though this amp drives them to decent volume levels without undue stress it is better paired with more sensitive speakers from a synergy point of view.

I have compared it with a Job power amp among others and this digs out way more of the music and presents it in that 'seductive' way characteristic of class A amps. This is genuine high-end sound at a fraction of the price.

Pictures:

• By Lushds
      Item: Exposure 2010 Integrated Amplifier
      Location: VIC - Donvale, prefer pickup (can deliver within Melb)
      Price: $390 + postage (buyer pays postage)
      Item Condition: very good condition, in perfect working condition; cosmetics-normal minor wear and tear due to age
      Reason for selling: change of direction..
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, bank transfer
      Extra Info: Solid 50wpc SS amp that can drive most speakers well, made in UK.  Comes with original remote.  Legendary British design with a warm and articulate midrange, punchy and extended low end and clear, airy treble.  Punches way above its price tag!

Pictures:

• By twofires
      Item: Rotel RB-991 Power Amplifier
      Price: $500
      Item Condition: Cosmetically, pretty much spotless. Electronically, given a clean bill of health by Philatronics (after a minor gain calibration). Will make a bit of a 'whump' when you turn it on, as do most power amps of this era, but no complaints otherwise.
      Reason for selling: I bought it to use with an AVR, then got sick of the AVR and its issues and bought a brand new 200w p/c Rotel integrated instead. This has sat idle ever since.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
      Extra Info: 200wpc into 8ohms - possibly more if you read the Stereophile review. Bought from a meticulous owner who used it with a Rotel AVR and an RB-993 to power his Miller & Kreisel surround system, who in turn bought it from another meticulous owner. As far as I know, I am owner #3, and have used it a total of maybe 20 hours at sub-reference levels with some KEF Q700s.
      Pictures: (apologies for my blurry phone camera)

• By rick575757
      Item: Musical Fidelity A3.2 CR Power Amplifier
      Price: $990
      Item Condition: Very Good
      Reason for selling: Surplus 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

It is a Dual Mono amplifier, with twin toroidal transformers.
      Choke Regulated power supply
      Power: an effortless 130 wpc into 8 ohms. Gain is a high 30 dB.
      It is about 15 kg before putting in a box, so pick up only. It can be used for bi-amplification. The Front is in Perfect condition. The top has a couple of small scuffs half way to the back – please see the picture.

It sounds wonderful, but I’m downsizing my collection of gear
      Made in the UK.
      In Stereophile magazine’s Recommended Components, it won the coveted rating of Class A. 
      Some reviews:
      http://www.audioreview.com/cat/amplification/amplifiers/musical-fidelity/a3cr/prd_124264_1583crx.aspx

Pictures:

• By generichs
      Item: AVM SA8.2 Stereo power amp
      Price:   $10,900
      Item Condition:  Good
      Reason for selling:  Upgraded to monoblocs
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (buyer pays all fees), COD Only.  If not pickup, buyer to arrange courier.  
      Extra Info:  The stereo version gives a lot of what the monoblocs have.  If you don't have speakers which are difficult to drive, these may be all you need.  All original packaging and manuals included.  

Yeah, I bought Marc's monoblocs, and he's still crying .  

Pictures: