Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Item: 4 x CMF R3-B Acoustic Panels (600mm x 1200mm x 50mm)
Location: East Lindfield, Sydney, 2070
Price: $200 ONO
Item Condition: Good-to-fair
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash COD Only
Purchased from stereonet a few years ago and are in good-fair condition:
- One panel is discoloured in a few places around the sides from being to close to somekind of bleach-based spray
- One panel doesnt have the hanging string (which can be fixed easily enough)
Collection only due to their size.
By Tone Malone
I'm happy with my stereo set-up but think it's time to focus more on what I can do to improve the room acoustics. A diagram showing my room layout is below.
I realise the speakers are too close to the wall and my sitting position is too close to the back wall, but it's a fairly compact place and it is a "family room". The speakers are standmounts on a very solid entertainment unit. We have wooden floorboards, hard walls/ceiling etc.
I would describe the sound as precise and the bass is punchy, but I suspect the room is making the upper-mids a bit harder than they should be ... the overall sound could be a bit more cohesive and "well rounded", with a better soundstage.
Things I would be able to do:
* Add tasteful(!) wall (and maybe roof) treatments
* Add mini stands under the speakers
* *Maybe* put the speakers on separate stands and move them further apart.
Things I can't do:
* Re-arrange the room layout significantly (if I can move anything, it might be by a centremetres)
* Move the speakers further away from the wall (this has been attempted a couple of times but they mysteriously move back)
* Turn the room into a shrine for black foam.
Based on the diagram, could anyone suggest room treatments and where I might position them (understanding I'll need to experiment a bit).
Any suggestions that keep this enterprise to a three-figure budget also greatly appreciated.
Item: Acoustic Bass Traps x 4
Location: Victoria (Dandenong Ranges)
Item Condition: Great condition(some scruff marks on the wood)
Reason for selling: not in use
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD, bank transfer
Extra Info: Canvas wrapped, wood frame and filled with Acoustisorb 3. There is a small difference in the thickness/shape of the bass traps, but you don't notice this when stacked in the corners. These were much more expensive when I purchased them second hand, so they are heavily discounted. Excellent built quality and they look great. Happy to deliver anywhere in Melbourne metro area but can't ship these interstate.