LHH

SOLD: FS: Usher 718DMD (Tiny Dancer) Standmount Speakers

Item: Usher 718DMD (Tiny Dancer) Standmount Speakers

Price: SOLD
Item Condition: Physically 8/10 but see description below
Reason for selling: Moving overseas
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Direct Transfer

Extra Info:

At the time of purchase these were Usher's top standmount speakers. They retailed for $3K. Recently they have been replaced by the Usher Dancer Mini-X speakers, which retail for $3500. These are by far the best standmount speakers I have owned, and are, IMO, significantly ahead of ProAc, Paradigm, PSB, B&W etc for the same kind of money. They are also beautiful looking; the finish is outstanding.

This pair were purchased new by me as the BE version. They have been upgraded to the DMD version, which is a $700 upgrade (I didn't pay this, I swapped tweeters with an owner of the DMD version (here on SN) who preferred the more forgiving BE tweeters). Physically, they are in great condition, bar a chip in the paint at the back bottom corner (you'd never see this from the front). I've included an image of the chip in the photos.

Why am I selling them so cheap? Well, several reasons. Firstly, I stupidly disposed of the boxes so they are pick up only. They are seriously heavy speakers (for the size) and have a fantastic finish. I don't want to risk shipping them in a wrong boxes. Secondly, I'm moving overseas in three weeks, so I need to sell them before then. And thirdly (and perhaps most importantly), I possibly damaged the left tweeter yesterday when, after listening to a very quietly recorded classical track, I booted into a new installation of Linux without remembering to turn the volume down. This resulted in the stupid default start-up sounds playing at close to full volume. I've been giving them a good listen since then, and think that there might be slight damage to the left tweeter. I thought it was sounding slightly distorted, but now I'm not sure. I can't seem to get the it to distort in any reliable way, so perhaps it was just the track I was listening to. In any case I don't want to sell them under false pretences, so I've priced them so that if there is any issue, the tweeter can be replaced and the total price will still be exceptionally good. (I contacted an Usher dealer last night and he said he had a replacement tweeter he could sell for $250 -- I'll pass the details on to whoever purchases the speakers and they can decide whether they think the tweeter needs replacing or not). Apart from the stupid mistake last night, the speakers have always been well looked after, and have been driven with quality amplification.

Here are a few reviews:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/usher2/tinydancer.html

http://www.stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/508ush/

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/usher-be-718-speaker-system

Pictures:

I took one of these photos before I upgraded the tweeter, so in one image the BE tweeter is shown. Please ignore this, the tweeters are the DMD tweeters as shown in the other front-side image.

9712517455_9c1164de79_c.jpg

9712519303_f1df42cf0c_c.jpg

9715750444_eb0392a85a_c.jpg

9715752152_03e3391f99_c.jpg

Edited by LHH

sorry did not read full discription

Edited by speedgod66

I'm very interested but live in Hobart :-(

If you have no luck and would consider posting let me know

Cheers Chris

I'm very interested but live in Hobart :-(

If you have no luck and would consider posting let me know

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris, I've had quite a bit of local interest, so I'm going to preference that. However if people change their minds I may get in touch.

Hi Chris, I've had quite a bit of local interest, so I'm going to preference that. However if people change their minds I may get in touch.

Understand completely.....

Cheers

NOW SOLD

Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation.

Donation Payment Options

You can make a donation via Paypal (using Credit Card or Paypal Balance), or Direct Deposit.

Click below to make a donation:

donate-button.png

Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Porsche944
      Price: $2000 Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Cronulla State: New South Wales Payment Method: COD, Bank transfer Reason for selling: Moved to new apartment Further information: Focal Electra 907 Be 25th Anniversary edition  

What a great pair of speakers by Focal. Launched in order to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Focal-JMlab, the Electra Be line is a special limited edition of the Electra line. 
      This was inspired by the famous Electra 906, the compact 2 channels Electra 907 Be is considerably improved retaining from its sibling only the profile. 
      The Electra 907 Be is a whole new construction drawing on the luxurious finishes of the Utopia be line and includes the new W cone optimised by the bass/medium 165mm and the new OPC crossover. Above all, it is essential to stress out that we have put the same pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter as in the world reference loudspeaker, the Grande Utopia Be. Needless to say that the unmatched refinement and natural beauty are the expressions of high quality listening.
      This loudspeaker is being produced in a limited series of only 1000 models, all of which are numbered. The Electra 907 Be is an exclusive product. 
      The sound spectacular the bass is very tight and full and top end is so smooth and very musical. You wont be disappointed in its performance.

Specs: 

Description 2-way bass-reflex bookshelf
      loudspeaker
      Crossover technology OPC (Optimum Phase Crossover)
      Drivers 6" (16.5cm) W mid-bass, focus plug
      1" (2.5cm) pure Beryllium
      inverted dome tweeter
      Signature: Burgundy 
      In-room response 43Hz 
      Frequency response (-3 dB) 50Hz-37kHz Front cover • Curve grid for mid-bass
      Removable metallic grid for tweeter
      Effi ciency (2,83V/1m) 89dB
      Nominale impedance 8ohms Port Front firing

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By NADbooffa
      Price: $ Item Condition: Excellent, except small dent (as see in the pic) Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Vermont State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal (+3%), Cash on Pick Up Reason for selling: No Longer Required Further information: 
      Bought from Klapp Audio in Melbourne, used it since new. Used with NAD T762 ( also for sale) 
      Excellent clarity for movies or music.
      Used in no smoking, no pets home.
      Tiny dent on the top/right as seen in the photo.
      Price for both speakers $220 for a quick sale.
      (Stands are not included )

Made in England.

100W / 8ohm
      88dB sensitivity - easy to drive
      Dimensions H 286mm W 175mm D 219mm

• By MAXXX
      Price: $1250 Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Kardinya State: Western Australia Payment Method: Any Reason for selling: NLR Further information:https://www.whathifi.com/proac/studio-140/review

Excellent speakers, happy to demo for serious buyers with some of my amps or BYO.
      Comes with 2x3m Tara Labs Prism banana terminated cables.
      Pickup only, no boxes.

• By Rawshack
      Price: $375 Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Moving House Further information: 

Having to sell my hi-fi gear due to imminent house move, including these lovely AE-100 speakers. Less than a year old, in excellent condition

• By Eskay
      Price: $3200 Item Condition: As new Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Bentleigh State: Victoria Payment Method: EFT,Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Not required
      Extra Info:
      I purchased these speakers brand new with their dedicated stands from an authorised dealer approx 8 weeks ago and after extensive listening I have decided to keep my Quad floorstanders. 

The speakers come with all paperwork and warranty and are in as new condition.
      Current cost is  for the speakers is $3995 and the stands are $895, So I am offering them at a substantial discount. 

Happy to demo for genuine interested buyers and happy to ship at cost and risk.