LHH

SOLD: FS: Usher 718DMD (Tiny Dancer) Standmount Speakers

Item: Usher 718DMD (Tiny Dancer) Standmount Speakers

Price: SOLD
Item Condition: Physically 8/10 but see description below
Reason for selling: Moving overseas
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Direct Transfer

Extra Info:

At the time of purchase these were Usher's top standmount speakers. They retailed for $3K. Recently they have been replaced by the Usher Dancer Mini-X speakers, which retail for $3500. These are by far the best standmount speakers I have owned, and are, IMO, significantly ahead of ProAc, Paradigm, PSB, B&W etc for the same kind of money. They are also beautiful looking; the finish is outstanding.

This pair were purchased new by me as the BE version. They have been upgraded to the DMD version, which is a $700 upgrade (I didn't pay this, I swapped tweeters with an owner of the DMD version (here on SN) who preferred the more forgiving BE tweeters). Physically, they are in great condition, bar a chip in the paint at the back bottom corner (you'd never see this from the front). I've included an image of the chip in the photos.

Why am I selling them so cheap? Well, several reasons. Firstly, I stupidly disposed of the boxes so they are pick up only. They are seriously heavy speakers (for the size) and have a fantastic finish. I don't want to risk shipping them in a wrong boxes. Secondly, I'm moving overseas in three weeks, so I need to sell them before then. And thirdly (and perhaps most importantly), I possibly damaged the left tweeter yesterday when, after listening to a very quietly recorded classical track, I booted into a new installation of Linux without remembering to turn the volume down. This resulted in the stupid default start-up sounds playing at close to full volume. I've been giving them a good listen since then, and think that there might be slight damage to the left tweeter. I thought it was sounding slightly distorted, but now I'm not sure. I can't seem to get the it to distort in any reliable way, so perhaps it was just the track I was listening to. In any case I don't want to sell them under false pretences, so I've priced them so that if there is any issue, the tweeter can be replaced and the total price will still be exceptionally good. (I contacted an Usher dealer last night and he said he had a replacement tweeter he could sell for $250 -- I'll pass the details on to whoever purchases the speakers and they can decide whether they think the tweeter needs replacing or not). Apart from the stupid mistake last night, the speakers have always been well looked after, and have been driven with quality amplification.

Here are a few reviews:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/usher2/tinydancer.html

http://www.stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/508ush/

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/usher-be-718-speaker-system

Pictures:

I took one of these photos before I upgraded the tweeter, so in one image the BE tweeter is shown. Please ignore this, the tweeters are the DMD tweeters as shown in the other front-side image.

9712517455_9c1164de79_c.jpg

9712519303_f1df42cf0c_c.jpg

9715750444_eb0392a85a_c.jpg

9715752152_03e3391f99_c.jpg

Edited by LHH

sorry did not read full discription

Edited by speedgod66

I'm very interested but live in Hobart :-(

If you have no luck and would consider posting let me know

Cheers Chris

I'm very interested but live in Hobart :-(

If you have no luck and would consider posting let me know

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris, I've had quite a bit of local interest, so I'm going to preference that. However if people change their minds I may get in touch.

Hi Chris, I've had quite a bit of local interest, so I'm going to preference that. However if people change their minds I may get in touch.

Understand completely.....

Cheers

NOW SOLD

Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation.

Donation Payment Options

You can make a donation via Paypal (using Credit Card or Paypal Balance), or Direct Deposit.

Click below to make a donation:

donate-button.png

Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.