Looking for a Subwoofer Rel R328 vs SVS PB13 Ultra vs Rythmik F12 SE

Looking for a Subwoofer to fill out the bottom end a little.

Currently considering Rel R328 vs SVS PB13 Ultra vs Rythmik F12 SE (price - I max out at $2K, but I'm very happy for less!)

It will be connected into a WLM Sonata tube amp and supporting WLM Diva monitors. My usage is 70% music. The sub will have to take high-level inputs as I don't have a dedicated sub out or pre-out so I think this eliminates the SVS PB13 Ultra. I've had an offer of a demo of the Ryhtmik F12, but I have no comparison or ability to have both it and the Rel R328 in the same room. I do like that both of them should integrate well for Home Theatre, but prioritise music.

Looking for suggestions or comparisons as I have no idea on subs other than they should integrate well.

Edited by Randle

There is a REL 328 Second hand on the distributers website for $1050.

When i was looking for sub's the Rhythmik definitely seemed better suited to Music than SVS.  I believe the models with PEQ are the most flexible.

I eventually settled on a 2nd hand JL Audio Fathom 112 (from stereonet).  Which is a fantastic beast.

I gather you found the item without me giving away the URL?  Don't want to be seen spruiking for anyone on the forum.  I regularly check for other things on the website but they never have Sonus Faber or Audio Research in the clearance category.   Ha ha

I did consider the REL at one stage before the JL Audio came across my path.

It was a quick find with the help of google ;-)

The damage was through to the wood. Two different chips and light surface scratching. I didn't really need another project...

I actually was also looking at a velodyne spl1000 ultra for $1395 at Rio Sound and Vision today. Very nice.

I was going to demo the rythmik but got a killer deal on an ex-demo rel R328. :-D

I'm not sure if this means you've bought the REL, but the Rythmik would have been my choice (although the REL looks much prettier).

From the REL specs, 6dB in room isn't especially impressive and their comparison to a 16 inch driver is meaningless if the 16 inch driver has poor excursion.

I used to own a REL and now have a couple of F12s and they are pretty hard to beat for music when you use the full 14Hz extension.

They wouldn't be my choice for an LFE sub.

Yep, I've bought the rel r328. It's sounding great!

From the REL specs, 6dB in room isn't especially impressive and their comparison to a 16 inch driver is meaningless if the 16 inch driver has poor excursion.

I used to own a REL and now have a couple of F12s and they are pretty hard to beat for music when you use the full 14Hz extension.

Do you mean where it says Lower Frequency Response in Room as 22hz at -6dB?

To be honest, I'm not really interested in the super low 14Hz as the instruments in the music I listen to just don't go that low (here is a great chart http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/resources/freqchart/main_display.htm). I'm more interested in bass that is a good musical fit as the key thing for me is whether it integrates well with what I've got... so far I'm very pleased that it is doing just that!

I would be interested in hearing the difference, but I don't really want to waste the Rythmik distributors time in doing a in home demo when I'm already content.