Sign in to follow this  
Pani

Yamamoto EQB-01 phonostage

I must clarify. The built in step up in the Masseto is not that bad, just that it is easily bettered with not much $$$$.

Edited by petng

What cartridge are u using and what SUT?

It is quite confusing when you first enter the world of SUT's.

Hi Peter, I am using a Lyra Skala.

I was thinking of an Ortofon Verto SUT, or Lundahl 1941 or one of the Bobs Devices Cinemag 1131 Blue. Have you heard any of these ?

Only one I have heard is the 1941. Very very nice. But you have to get it made up.

Thanks. Have you compared it to any other phonostages ? Which cartridge do you use with it ?

Thanks. Have you compared it to any other phonostages ? Which cartridge do you use with it ?

The only other phono I have had in my system is the Graham Slee Era Gold V + Graham Slee Elevator. This was used with either an Ortofon SPU classic or a modded Denon 103R. Whilst the Slee combo is great value for money the Leben is tonally more realistic. With the SPU I use an Auditorium A23 and that combo has a much wider and deeper soundstage but more importantly instruments hang together coherently in space. I find that the Leben is very quiet, no issues with hum.

I recently added a new Spiral Groove TT with a Air Tight PC3 cart and Ypsilon SUT. I was concerned that the Leben would not be up to the task in the new setup but that concern was not warranted. I was contemplating a significant spend to match the new components but that just wasn't required.

As mentioned previously if you are going down the Leben path be wary of the lack of gain. You may struggle with lower powered amp and/or inefficient speakers.

Good luck with your decision. Sounds like the Shindo Masseto is ticking most boxes.

Hi,

I'm sure you are aware the Lundahl LL1931 and LL1941 are now available as pure silver wound and I understand the performance is very good. Have you tried these?

Rick

You should add the Zesto Andros to you audition list. A very nice unit, plenty of detail, super quiet with lovely tone.

It's bested by the Esoteric and the Audia Flite. It retrieves more detail than a Sensor Prelude with a nice rich tone, not dissimilar to the Audia Flight.

Edited by CJCC67