Sign in to follow this  
VAF

The New VAF DC-X63 and DC-X42

About the new DC-X63

6 drivers. 3 way.

Amazingly still from $2,999pr. Still Australian made.

The original VAF DC-X was launched in 1995 and was immediately recognised as a genuine design and performance breakthrough. Over the 18 years to 2013 it had evolved through 6 iterations. Each a measurable improvement over the last.

The new DC-X63 is designed to again redefine the level of performance possible at its price. The drawing attached shows the intricate design and construction of the new DC-X63. 6 drivers precisely positioned on 5 individually stepped baffles for perfect time alignment so that the bass, mid and high frequencies arrive at your ears at the same time. That’s the way sound is created, so we think that’s the way it should be reproduced. The twin 200mm kevlar woofers have voice coils with radial cool- ing vents so as the woofer moves it cools itself. A cooler driver delivers better dynamics, higher power handling and lower compression. The 170mm midrange drivers are constructed the same way. The twin tweeter setup of the famous DC-X35 has been retained.

The result is the smoothest, most ‘open’, lowest compression sound ever, and with the best im- maging ever from a DC-X. Given that the VAF DC-X has been ac- claimed many times as the best sounding speaker for the money, we are very proud.

All DC-X models since the beginning have been well grounded in science. The new DC-X63 certainly raises that bar. Along with its profound technical foundations the design of the DC-X63 is a departure from the norm enabling its entire exterior be personalised. Any colour. Any image. Any visual texture. 

See them at the Australian Audio & AV Show Friday 18-20 October, or contact VAF for further details. Prototype photo's attached.

+/2.5db 30hz - 20Khz 95db/w sensitivity +/-35 Deg relative phase >200hz Amplifiers from 10-200W RMS

And a 10 year guarantee Specifications subject to change

DC-X42

4 drivers. 2 way.

Launching soon too, the all new DC-X42 compact universal loudspeaker has 4 driver 2 way. With a beautiful new integrated stand. Stay tuned.

A much spaller version of the DC-X which will replace the current DC-7. Smaller than a DC-7, more like a DC-X.

The DC-X Legacy

VAF has sold many thousands of DC-X loudspeakers. Here is just a tiny selection of the positive comments people have made:

“A new benchmark in excellence in every criteria†Best Buys Home Theatre

“The best sound for the bucksâ€

Rolling Stoneâ€

“They’re endowed with the kind of deep bass slam that makes prefabricated walls shudder in terror, fused with awesome dy- namic powerâ€

Which? Loudspeakers 

post-116922-0-27923600-1381993816_thumb.

post-116922-0-08564200-1381993828_thumb.

post-116922-0-38259200-1381993839_thumb.

post-116922-0-68059600-1381993853_thumb.

post-116922-0-35376400-1381993871_thumb.

post-116922-0-52636500-1381993885_thumb.

post-116922-0-95803100-1381993902_thumb.

post-116922-0-01656000-1381993915_thumb.

post-116922-0-78931500-1381993943_thumb.

post-116922-0-28489800-1381993957_thumb.

Will the new speakers be on display at the AV show in Melbourne? If so, could someone post some pics?

Are they available for audition yet in the showroom?

I can't get to the AV show as I'm committed to an overseas trip instead. Every time a new DC series speaker is launched I have to travel overseas. Why Phil wants me out of the country and how he arranges it is beyond me ;)

ES

Wow a bit more complex than my old DCX's.

Got the VAF email and I've fell in love with the new speakers. Always wanted a true 3 way speaker

ES

I have seen them in the front room!  And heard them (well, the prototype).

Only $3K Grumpy for a new pair.  Perhaps the prototype will be less.

Benje

When I saw the legs I assumed there was a vent in the bottom but not according to these photos. The cabinet must take longer to make and there are two extra drivers for the same price.

Is this a limited offer or the regular price?

Cheers

ES

ES

I have seen them in the front room!  And heard them (well, the prototype).

Only $3K Grumpy for a new pair.  Perhaps the prototype will be less.

Benje

What music did you hear on them Benje?

standard VAF demo music - female vocalist, can't recall what else.  Have heard similar stuff listening to devialet/i-93 at VAF. 

They were streamed media via sonos, not cd, hi-res discs or vinyl.

I've heard that music also. I'm curious to know what it is.

ES

Only $3K Grumpy for a new pair. Perhaps the prototype will be less.

Benje

If it's anything like R&D at work, the production ones will be the cheap ones. The prototype would be probably $20k LOL! :-)

I'd be interested to find out how they sound :-)

SS

Edited by Sub Sonic

Anywhere in Melbourne for an extended listen to the dcx series?

I've just seen a photo of the new VAF speakers at the AV show.. They've gone back to the cloth wrapped cabinets they were famous for years ago. I expect there's a big saving there compared to veneering such complex cabinets. Custom screen-printing is apparently available. You could have the baffle printed to look like 193s, couldn't you? :-)

Cheers

ES

Just curious about the progress of the new 42 & 63 speakers. There is nothing at all on the website, so is there any news ?

Thanks .