Job 225 Amplifiers Owners & Discussion Thread

Hi Guys

There has been a bit of a buzz around about the Job 225 amp but was initially only available 115V.

Well the 230V version has been released:

http://www.jobsys.com/getit.htm

Great - went to order one and thought it may even arrive for the long anticipated amp GTG now my Arion 500 has arrived.

Pressed the order button in eager anticipation - but - bummer - sold out.

Just letting you guys know. 

Hopefully they will have some available soon.

Thanks

Bill

Hi Guys

There has been a bit of a buzz around about the Job 225 amp but was initially only available 115V.

Well the 230V version has been released:

http://www.jobsys.com/getit.htm

Great - went to order one and thought it may even arrive for the long anticipated amp GTG now my Arion 500 has arrived.

Pressed the order button in eager anticipation - but - bummer - sold out.

Just letting you guys know. 

Hopefully they will have some available soon.

Thanks

Bill

Way to go Bill! :thumb:

Hopefully when you get one, dislike it, and sell it to some poor sod like me at 50% reduction :P

Just kidding Bill, looking forward on your impressions and comparisions to your amp stable :)

Just though of it, I surpose theres no chance of you ordering a Goldmund variant???

I though I make ya laugh Bill :P

Errrr - when I win lotto maybe - not that I waste money on that.

Thanks

Bill

Hi Bill, bravo

I guess you will be able to tell us if it is the " biggest bargain or biggest con ".  ;)

Our collective engineering experts have all ready seemed have given it their collective thumbs down without ever getting close to listening to it.

I personally think it will sound pretty good.

Does it have 30 day return rights?

Edited by turntable
  • Like 1

Hey turntable, I miss your other avatar.  Where has she gone??? :D

Go Bill.  I for one would like to hear the JOB225.  Maybe email them to put your name down on a pre-order list for the next batch. 

Anthony

I clicked on it and it puts it in my cart.

When does it mention it is out of stock?

I can see one in my cart and a button to pay with paypal.

Just to see, I went through that process myself.  Sure, it puts the item in the cart, but when you go to pay for it comes up as "sold out".  You can get the 'Sweetcord' though!!

Hey turntable, I miss your other avatar.  Where has she gone??? :D

Go Bill.  I for one would like to hear the JOB225.  Maybe email them to put your name down on a pre-order list for the next batch. 

Anthony

Does nobody like HiFi shots?

Is this better? :D

Does it have 30 day return rights?

Something like that - but you have a 20% restocking fee, the GST and freight costs that go bye bye.

Have to say though, when a product gets hyped like that, I have not found it actually bad - just not living up to the hype.  It happened with both Burson DAC's for example.  They were OK, quite possibly even the best in their price class, but world beaters they were not. In practice that means you are unlikely not to be able to resell it with very little loss.

Thanks

Bill 

Edited by bhobba

I clicked on it and it puts it in my cart.

When does it mention it is out of stock?

I can see one in my cart and a button to pay with paypal.

When you go to complete the purchase you get:

Your item(s) sold out
We're sorry, the following item(s) isn't available at this time:
JOB 225 Stereo Amplifier
Item number: JOB 225 2x125 W

Of course it would be better if they didn't allow you to get that far in the first place.

Thanks
Bill

you can only try Bill, wouldnt it be a ripper if they agreed? :P

They won't.

But this does illustrate a very important issue.

When you buy equipment through normal retail channels you pay a LARGE premium for that.  Even though Goldmund gear is expensive its not because they are making huge profits or anything like that - its purely what you need to make that model work.  The JOB is sold direct with virtually no overheads - that's why you can get it at that price.  But of course no try before you buy - return it an you take a BIG hit.  However the price difference is so HUGE I doubt too many people will buy it the other way.

I believe the other way of buying will eventually go the way of the Do Do - but of course I could be wrong.

Thanks

Bill

Edited by bhobba

Arrrrggggggg!!!!

I TOLD YOU GUYS.

You listen to all the armchair experts when i am likely the ONLY non-Goldmund employee to see these amps in production. I wa there like 3 weeks ago and was told NO PICTURES. I could not even see them 2 days ago when I was there for a short visit chatting with the Sales Manager. They are like 5 mins drive from my home and 150 meters away from the Rolex HQ in Geneva.

Now, I TOLD you all they would sell out fast. I personally hooked up about 10 friends to buy and they all got one....i think there was 1 lucky Aussie in my circle who got one...not sure.

The good news..they are already planning bacth number 2 and the next development will be a preamp. I hope to get more info if/when they invite me to do a Geneva local perspective audio piece for a webzine.

Bill, going direct is just a part of the story. The Goldmund equivalent amps have expensive chassis, ~60% of the BOM costs, more tech, mechanical/magnetic grounding and better isolation, as well as gucci parts like binding posts. Further Goldmund pays for advertsing, JOB will be NOT have such a budget and will depend on word of mouth. Everything about JOB is cost conscious as it appeals to a different clientele. Job is trikle down Goldmund tech.

Bill, going direct is just a part of the story. The Goldmund equivalent amps have expensive chassis, ~60% of the BOM costs, more tech, mechanical/magnetic grounding and better isolation, as well as gucci parts like binding posts. Further Goldmund pays for advertsing, JOB will be NOT have such a budget and will depend on word of mouth. Everything about JOB is cost conscious as it appeals to a different clientele. Job is trikle down Goldmund tech.

Sure - that's all part of a premium product sold through the usual channels compared to one sold direct and looking to cut the price as much as possible.

Thanks

Bill

I will give you a heads up for the next batch if interested. PM me your full details and I will forward to the right source...

Its an interesting amp but aren't really champing at the bit - if they have one available good - if not - I can wait.

Thanks

Bill

Edited by bhobba

Here's a bit of reading for those wanting to hear a few user reports before they purchase

Seems to be a few faulty ones on this 21 page thread. 

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?10797-Job-225

This ones in it's infancy, only 1 page so far.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1371603241&&&/Anyone-have-ordered-the-Job-225-

Cheers George

• Like 1

Ahhhh, that was fixed back in June (at their expense). It was not a QC issue, but rather a no-compromise design that didnt play well with every setup. They long ago made adjustments so as to work with every conceivable setup.

QC???? They basically made the amps 3 weeks ago and took 3 weeks of testing with them before sending out. The CFO told me that they test and retest and retest.....

Look, U can keep listening to naysayers but the how many amps sell out in a day??? LoL

Edited by wis97non