Classical currently spinning thread

There are two for sale on Discogs, both EUR899 (almost $1500!) :ohmy:
Cliff, mine is the semi circle label not the blue and silver label, only worth couple of hundred bucks i think lol. But it is a bloody good preformance and great pressing given it is from the 60s...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dwbasement said:

Cliff, mine is the semi circle label not the blue and silver label, only worth couple of hundred bucks i think lol. But it is a bloody good preformance and great pressing given it is from the 60s...

This EUR899 is for the semi circle version

https://www.discogs.com/Gustav-Mahler-Symphony-No-2/release/4913244

R-4913244-1493570514-6563.jpeg.jpg

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

EUR899 for one LP !!!  I bought 2 versions of Mahler No 2 from Dennis. Maybe they are worth half of that. :winky:

Its a double lp, so they are half that at only EUR449.50 each lp!

[mention=147028]dwbasement[/mention] mate just looking at your Columbia label reminds me I always get excited when putting on a Decca LP. I know it's gunna be good. 
Yes Mark, they sound really good. I like the Decca ones too FFSS is fantastic, lots of them are heavy weight too, very good quality stuff.

..... and now for possibly my more controversial choice.....

It seems Carl Orff's Carmina Burana and Daniel Harding's version in particular are either love it or hate it if the reviews are to be believed.

I personally find that Harding has a real feel for  the piece with wonderful contrasting dynamics and shading.

The vocal performances take my breath away and the recording quality is stunning.

IMG_3388.thumb.JPG.b717611010856be3517c3dc6dbf144a3.JPG