Classical currently spinning thread

I’ve just added this to my library (via Qobuz), out of curiosity mostly. I’m shocked at the quality of the recording. This was recorded in 1944 at the Semperoper in Dresden. The orchestral sound is impressive, but the clarity of the voices is unbelievable. I could never before discern the lyrics better in a Wagner opera recording.

120351908_Screenshot2021-03-09at19_50_11.png.bf973f1d5259a857813f53ff15d9431f.png

Edited by Steffen
  • Like 2

I have occasionally read a music review on a hifi website and thought "that sounds like my jam" and sought out the album for listening. This is the first time I recall getting excited about a piece of music discovered in an equipment review. 

kiki’s delivery service is one of my favourite films of all time. It is pure and delightful and gorgeous and the score is wonderful and I was today years old when I learned that there is a symphonic suite performance of the score and it is glorious. I usually don’t listen to scores on their own because imho very few hold up separated from the movie as pieces of music. I don’t know if this is an exception or just that it hits me in the same feels as the movie and that is enough. 

if you haven’t seen Kiki’s Delivery Service, you should see it. Yes, it’s a cartoon. Don’t worry about that. If you have young kids or nieces or nephews or grandkids you should watch it with them. If you don’t, you should watch it anyway.

1FCE020F-BDAC-4CFF-8634-A1B1E1577735.jpeg.acdf87656cdb8e95a022a225116ad6be.jpeg

• Like 3

To Top