Sign in to follow this  
sbfloren

Marantz or Rotel for Dynaudio?

Hi All,

I'm currently building a system and have a pair of dynaudio dm 2/6 speakers, I was just wondering what would be a good amp to match these?

I'm on a bit of a budget so the two I was considering was the Marantz PM6004 or the Rotel RA-10. Does anyone have any views on these or is

there something else I should be looking at?

Cheers

I've auditioned the PM6004 integrated amp on a number of speakers (Elac, Jamo C803 & B&W 683) and was quite impressed with the sound quality. The power output is not huge, however, it seemed to produce good volume an all the speakers tested. Dyns generally demand a fair amount of power, although the DM2/6 are 6ohm (unlike most other Dyns at 4 ohm) so may be an easier load for the amp.

I've not heard the RA-10 but I am looking at Rotel power amps as a possible option to drive my Dyn Focus monitors.

Do either of these have pre- outs? Maybe you can consider using them as integrated for now, but keep an option open for pre/power down the track.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Supedeloop
      Item: Rotel A12 Intergrated Amplifier, 12 months old
      Price: $900 ono $720.00 inclusive $20 Donation
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Change in direction
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
      Extra Info: Item is in excellent condition minus a little dust. Have box and I think all the original packaging.

Photos: 

• By BradW
      G'day folks!

New member and first post. 🙂

Picked up a Marantz 1060 and wanted your thoughts on suitability for restoration. Doesn't look like it's been messed about with so I'm guessing all components are original and more than a little tired! Currently the RH channel is dead and adjusting the VR does not shift the DC offset from 2.2mv. LH channel adjusted fine to 7.5mv.

I'd really value your opinions on weak points in this amp and where to begin troubleshooting. Happy to recap and upgrade electrolytics but any other components I should look to change out immediately?  I've a little experience with vintage Sansui but this is my first Marantz. I know the early Sansui AU series had an issue with noise transistors but I'm struggling to find articles on Marantz 1060 rebuilds. I'd rather not have to order a rebuild kit from the US as it would double the cost of my amp! Happy to source locally RS, Element 14 so if anyone has a rebuild parts list from these suppliers, that would be awesome.

A couple of photos - fairly clean inside and have seen a lot worse! It's a lovely looking amp and from what I hear from 1 speaker, sounds warm but punchy.

A big ask for my first post and grateful for any tips please.

Cheers,
      Brad

• By MikeAUS
      Item: DYNAUDIO Emit M10 Speakers - Black
      Price: $540
      Item Condition: Used and in excellent condition. Perfect working order.
      Reason for selling: Upgrade to Excite X14
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info:
      Purchased new by me about 22 months ago from Clef HIFI. Have been put on stands and only taken down for the photos/sale. No major damage or dings - few fingerprints and dust etc. Otherwise fantastic condition.
      Sound fantastic and huge value speaker.

I have the original box including the grill covers etc., but prefer local pickup at this stage.
      Pickup will be from KEW VIC 3101.

Specs:
      https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/emit/m10
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By So_Fresh_And_So_Clean
      Item: Marantz Model 140 Power Amplifier
      Price: $800 ono
      Item Condition: Good, working condition. All meters light up and function. Slight bend in bottom right corner of faceplate. Recently had transformer replaced, sounds great.
      Reason for selling: No longer required, as I have had to make space for two turntables and a mixer. Also selling a McIntosh C32 Preamplifier that this was paired with, see my other listing for info
      Payment Method: Pickup or ship at buyers expense - Cash, Paypal, COD, bank transfer
      Extra Info: US voltage on this unit. was plugged into the power inlet on the McIntosh C32 I am also selling, but otherwise can be used with a step up transformer. 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By zakblue
      Item:  Marantz 460 Speakers
      Price: $50
      Item Condition: Good for age, vinyl finish peeling in places (could be reglued)
      Reason for selling: I really have too many speakers...
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info:

Vintage Marantz speakers. Little picture on the front shows FR is flat from 80hz up as tested in anechoic chamber.
      Super laid back sounding.