New VAF Model - Peek

VAF

Hi Folks,

We are playing around with a possible new model and looking for quick feedback. If anybody is around in Adelaide now or Saturday we'd love a little early feedback. Nobody outside of VAF has seen or heard it yet so you'd be the first :)

Yes. 6 Drivers. And all perfectly time aligned.

post-116922-0-69267300-1379659770_thumb.

• Like 3

Hmmm - looks a bit like the bottom 2/3 of a Duntech Sovereign.  But the mention of 6 drivers suggests the bottom 2 drivers do not have matching pairs at the top?

Interesting construction, too - I guess this is for the prototype only as the thick timber would interfere with the off-axis response of the tweeters and mids?

I'd love to have a look/listen, but I doubt if I'll make it to the city tomorrow. :(

Hmmm - looks a bit like the bottom 2/3 of a Duntech Sovereign.

Interesting construction, too - I guess this is for the prototype only as the thick timber would interfere with the off-axis response of the tweeters and mids?

A number of the larger Duntech models had a metal frame over the front to hold the grille cloth and they seem to have had a pretty good reputation. If Simon Wilde has had a hand in this design it would make sense :)

Cheers!

SS

• Like 1

I think Simon has been involved in the design.

I had a brief listen yesterday whilst collecting some gear for a friend. The imaging of the speakers was significant - very much a case of disappearing speakers.

I believe the two tweeters have their own baffle, as do each of the mids, with the two woofers sharing much of the same baffle.

I didn't do any comparison listening ( no time) but they were impressive.

I think they are still tweaking things at this early stage - even the name. Could be a dc-xx, but I think in their current naked form a dc-XXX is more appropriate. Will be interesting to see and hear when they are commercially complete.

Benje

• Like 2

We are making iterative changes to them based on the feedback and further development (measurements). They are back in the showroom today if anybody has a moment. Along with a new smaller speaker that fit somewhere between DC-7 and DC-X but that are smaller than DC-7 (stand mounted).

• 4 weeks later...

We are making iterative changes to them based on the feedback and further development (measurements). They are back in the showroom today if anybody has a moment. Along with a new smaller speaker that fit somewhere between DC-7 and DC-X but that are smaller than DC-7 (stand mounted).

Hi,

Would love some more info re the smaller, stand mounted speakers that replace the DC-7. The stuff I'm after is mainly a comparison between this new model & the current DC-7 with regard to tech specs, sound differences, available finishes & prices.

Many thanks,

Ed