Is there a TT bearing expert in Vic? the Luxman beckons..

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have now been spinning records on my lazarus-like Luxman for about 6 hours...It has been rock solid, not a waver, not a hint of speed anomaly. And...It sounds wonderful! Unbelievable I know but thi

Hi Unclemack, Nice turntable the Luxman PD 350, too good to scrap. I'm based in Nowra NSW and can arrange free shipping from Southern Cross and return by coach, Premier Motor Service. Send it up an

Well, It's all packed up and on the way to Vince... I am cautiously optimistic.   Cheers   M

UM , so sorry to hear your news. I think one of the Origin live motors and psu would fix the problem perhaps.

Yeah it might however I think that I've turned off this particular road now. Time to consider other options.

Andy, the TT is going back to Vince and the result of that is up in the air now... 

M

So the Luxman has arrived in Sydney for it's final surgery, and I do mean surgey!

Vince is going to replace the motor, power supply and all speed controls, essentially all the Luxman electronics will be bypassed. All that will be left is the plinth, platter, bearing. This is radical and not something I wanted to do but it will be a fix. There is a gremlin in the electronics that has eluded the best in the business and so these electronice just have to go!

I should have this back in two weeks and I am confident that all the past issues will have been resolved...

Reasonably confident...

Hopeful anyway.. :D

Cheers

M

• Like 3

Great to hear you haven't abandoned the dark side - your 'luckless Luxman" should be renamed

'Flight of the Phoenix"!

Nothing wrong with hybrids - hell you work with what works the best for your situation  ;)

• Like 1

Yeah Evil.

I was all ready to chuck it in but that old devil Vince has more tricks up his sleeve than Houdini. I love the idea of a pure TT but as this will not alter the look of the TT and have it working as well, or better, than original, I thought I'd give it one more go. I had the Challenger TT here for a while and it worked beautifully but the Luxman just does it for me from a aesthetic perspective so...that's that!

Holdencaulfields mary Shelley reference is spot on... I think I'll rename the Luxman "The Modern Prometheus"

:D

M

• 6 years later...
On 08/09/2013 at 10:56 PM, unclemack said:

Thanks Stuart for setting me straight. I wrongly interpreted the fault as a bearing issue... Thats what happens when I try to involve myself in matter above my paygrade! :)

Telecine, I have a service manual but the site won't let me attach it to this message so if you PM me your email addy, I'll send it to you..

Cheers

M

I am new here.  I would like to get the copy of the service manual for PD-350 table.  Would you mind send me a pdf file to me?