Is there a TT bearing expert in Vic? the Luxman beckons..

Hi UM

Perhaps as a precaution and to save your frazzelled nerves you could get a power outlet remote controller from Altronics or jaycar so that if the dreaded acceleration occurred again you could kill the power real quick and prevent any damage to recrds, arms, stylus' etc.

That's just reinforcing the fear factor - It's been cured, there is no speed issue to worry about any more  :P

( repeat the last line above 10 times daily - Unclemack and before you know it - it will all seem like a distant nightmare!)  ;)

• Like 1

That's just reinforcing the fear factor - It's been cured, there is no speed issue to worry about any more  :P

( repeat the last line above 10 times daily - Unclemack and before you know it - it will all seem like a distant nightmare!)  ;)

You are absolutely right....

Cheers

M

Looks to be fixed and interestingly the problem was between the Speed Switch PCB and Motor Control PCB, so I will claim half a point for my initial diagnosis of a Speed Switch PCB component problem.

Edited by Telecine

Hi Vince

Do you think over voltage can cause the speed issues experienced with the turntable?

Given the Aussie voltage seems to be over in most places.

Doubt it, the Australian voltage is stable and even given the magnitude of a massive spike, I still doubt it!

The Luxman is fixed, trust your question has been answered.

Vince

Edited by Once Analog

I am glad to read this beautiful TT is now fixed.

I know poor UM was going nuts over this table, and almost gave up on it.

Huge thumbs up to Vince for helping out a great member on here.

This is the SNA spirit at its finest

yeah John,

It's been a long and expensive road. It would have been much more so were it not for the generousity of our SNA community members, Vince and Stuart...they have been incredibly generous with their time and expertise. Had it not been the case then this TT would have remained a very pretty boat anchor...

Cheers

M

Edited by unclemack
  • Like 2

As a spectator, I agree that Vince and Stuart have been awesome, great to see your baby back to health, UncleMack

You have been pretty awesome to mate, this ordeal would have made a lesser man crumble ;)

As a spectator, I agree that Vince and Stuart have been awesome, great to see your baby back to health, UncleMack

You have been pretty awesome to mate, this ordeal would have made a lesser man crumble ;)

Ha ha...I think I have crumbled...just don't know it yet!

Cheers mate

M

• 3 weeks later...

The anticipation will help sweeten the sound - twill be like the first sexual encounter in an eon with a seductive temptress :love

gtg with the above beckons! ;)

maybe. But I've had it up to my neck with anticipation!! Prolonged anticipation can lead to apathy and disinterest. Maybe that's why I've bought two CD players in the space of a month.

maybe. But I've had it up to my neck with anticipation!! Prolonged anticipation can lead to apathy and disinterest. Maybe that's why I've bought two CD players in the space of a month.

When I embarked on my custom 300B amplifier, it was 20 months in the building, never lost interest for minute. (Patience is a virtue).

Not too much longer now Michael.

Vince

Edited by Once Analog
  • Like 2

When I embarked on my custom 300B amplifier, it was 20 months in the building, never lost interest for minute. (Patience is a virtue).

Not too much longer now Michael.

Vince

20 months? That does require some patience...

When I find myself  getting to the point of abandonment, I just have a look at a photo of the 350 and I remember why I've put myself through this... ha ha..

Cheers Vince

M

Unclemac,

You're in good hands, be patient and stay cool.

20 months is nothing.

I waited from 1986 to 1994 to realised a amp project due to parts availability!

Even today if you want a specific parts regardless whether its a SS device of a passive component, manufacturers will need a quantity usually above 1k, otherwise it gets ridiculously expensive even as sample quantities!