Is there a TT bearing expert in Vic? the Luxman beckons..

Well, It's all packed up and on the way to Vince... I am cautiously optimistic.

Cheers

M

UM, I hope the big parcel finds him at Once Anagogue (or has Vince now set up his business in a Synagogue?). :D

Best of luck to all concerned and any findings will be interesting.

Bill

Well, It's all packed up and on the way to Vince... I am cautiously optimistic.

Cheers

M

UM, I hope the big parcel finds him at Once Anagogue (or has Vince now set up his business in a Synagogue?). :D

Best of luck to all concerned and any findings will be interesting.

Bill

. Anagogue! What was I thinking? Thanks Bill. Cheers. M

I have received Michael's Luxman PD350, hoping to get started on it tomorrow. Will keep you informed on the progress, bringing this beautiful turntable back to life again.

Vince

Good onya, Vince. :thumb:  We're all waiting to get your report.

Regards,

Andy

Luxman PD350 Bearing Evaluation:

The bearing housing appears to be made of Brass. It's a "through" sleeve, (meaning the same diameter measurement the full length). Contact area top and bottom measured .3940" exact!

The spindle contact area top and bottom measured .3933" exact! Therefore the clearance is .0007" in my view PERFECT!

There was an undercut area on the spindle which measured .381" of some 27mm to allow for extra oil.

No sign of sideway force wear, correct belt length.

The "Ball" 7mm/.2756" showed no sign of flat spots!

I feel safe in saying, the bearing is NOT the problem.

The evaluation continues.......

Vince

Luxman PD350 Bearing Evaluation:

The bearing housing appears to be made of Brass. It's a "through" sleeve, (meaning the same diameter measurement the full length). Contact area top and bottom measured .3940" exact!

The spindle contact area top and bottom measured .3933" exact! Therefore the clearance is .0007" in my view PERFECT!

There was an undercut area on the spindle which measured .381" of some 27mm to allow for extra oil.

No sign of sideway force wear, correct belt length.

The "Ball" 7mm/.2756" showed no sign of flat spots!

I feel safe in saying, the bearing is NOT the problem.

The evaluation continues.......

Vince

Did it look like it had been full of oil? :confused:

Andy

Certainly, was planning on pictures, have taken a few with my iPhone, but don't know how to upload to

SNA? Will sort it, expect some tomorrow.

Hi Vince,

If you get onto SNA via Safari on the iPhone, where you see the "Post" icon there is a "More reply Option". If you tap onto the "More reply Option" there will be a dropped down menu " Attached Files". In the Attached Files there is a "Choose File". If tap onto "Choose Files" 3 options will come up; "take photo or video" "Choose Existing" and "cancel". These are self explanatory, so once you have done that you have to tap "Attached the file" ion in the SNA site, this will upload the pics onto the post. Once you have done that you then tap Post icon like you normally post. Hope this helps!

Hi Vince,

If you get onto SNA via Safari on the iPhone, where you see the "Post" icon there is a "More reply Option". If you tap onto the "More reply Option" there will be a dropped down menu " Attached Files". In the Attached Files there is a "Choose File". If tap onto "Choose Files" 3 options will come up; "take photo or video" "Choose Existing" and "cancel". These are self explanatory, so once you have done that you have to tap "Attached the file" ion in the SNA site, this will upload the pics onto the post. Once you have done that you then tap Post icon like you normally post. Hope this helps!

Thank you Pchan, I will give it a try later today.

Meanwhile, it's back in the shed, we need to get the Luxman up and running properly, UM is without his vinyl!

Vince

Luxman PD350 Bearing Avaluation

Soaked the bearing components overnight in Alcohol. This morning, cleaned and assembled the bearing and also the motor pulley/drive belt and outer side platter. Substituted an oil lube with a full synthetic Teflon "light" grease, that will not thicken or thin regardless of temperature!

The Luxman has been up and running since 9.45am this morning, both 33/45RPM speeds stable, no fluctuation!

Still suspicious, the Luxman with it's perfect bearing measurements, might be trying to trick me? No chance of that, when the Luxman leaves here, the cavity WILL be filled!

Will leave her running overnight.

Vince

Edited by Once Analog
  • Like 1