Im not sure im posting this in the right forum, but here it goes. I want to connect my turntable (mm cartridge) to my essentially digital only system comprising an Oppo 105 and Bel Canto Evo2 amplifiers. Could anyone please peovide any suggestions as to the most effective way of doing this?

Thanks in advance

Lars

You're stuck :( 

You've got no form of analogue line-level input for the RCA's from your phono stage.  You simply have to get a traditional pre-amp.  I'm assuming of course that you have a phono stage, if not - then the pre will need a built in MM input, or you'll also need a separate phono stage. 

Thats what i was afraid of. I have a NAD PP3 phone preamp with a USB out, but having connected it to my computer to try digital transcription, I'm less than convinced of the sound quality. Also the USB connection out on the PP3 is type B as is the USB input on the back of the Oppo and I'm uncertain if that will be a problem. Ive seen only a few cables that have type B connectors at both ends.

Regards

Lars

Even if you could get the PP3 to "stream" into the Oppo - I doubt this is what you really want to achieve - that would be realtime Analogue to Digital conversion, which begs the question - why use the TT in the first place :blink:

Better off Ripping your LP's to FLAC via the PC using the PP3 and playing those back via the Oppo, or just get a proper pre to listen to the LPs.

Doesn't the Bel Canto have both xlr and RCA?

You could do oppo via xlr into amp and nad into a little passive pre for volume via RCA. If it is convenient to use the back switch?

Otherwise get a 2 input passive pre for the NAD and the oppo. Turn the volume to full for the oppo and use the volume for the NAD. This second method may affect your digital sound quality though but at least no ADC

I use an ART USB Phono Plus V2 Pre/ADC so that I can run get digital room correction when listening to vinyl. The purists may cringe but I like how it sounds. The unit has a usb output so I think you could connect it directly to your Oppo's usb input. The ADC is 16 bit 44.1kHz or 48kHz. Cost is ~$200 locally but you can get it cheaper on that auction site.