buddyev

Dynaudio sale

This may be a bit late with the info but excellent prices on Dynaudio at Rio

http://www.rio.com.au/brands/5/dynaudio

S1.4 for $2500 

160 for $1500

260 for $2500

Edited by buddyev

As someone who owns a pair of Focus 160, I am disturbed by these ridiculously low prices! Grab 'em while you can.

I'm a bit tempted by those 260s.

They're clearance items so probably wouldn't be able to audition them. 

Have you heard them Glenn?

yea this sale has been on for almost 1 month now.

the Dynaudio DM range on sale too, but I purchased the last DM Centre hehehehehehe. The only speaker in the world under $450 to fit in my limited center channel space.

The DM 3/7 is a great alternative to say the B&W CMs, and for the price, heck why not.

Nah, haven't heard them. When I bought my Dyn's I was specifically after bookshelf speakers.

Pretty sure Rio would have a pair on the floor in one of their stores you could listen to. Give them a call?

How can they do it that cheap? Whats the catch?

It looks like they're getting out of Dynaudio — the whole range has been sold at really knock down prices.

It looks like they're getting out of Dynaudio — the whole range has been sold at really knock down prices.

mmm maybe not, or else the dynaudio brand will plumet like one would not believe.

they could have very old stock or it could be a strategy to get new interest into the brand.

I know they did change distributors, which meant that some stockist stopped, but currently these are the shops in Vic:

Proud's HiFi / Bendigo VIC 3550

Carlton AV / Carlton VIC 3053

Stereophonic / Docklands VIC 3008

Steve Bennett HiFi / Geelong West VIC 3218

Rio Sound and Vision - Hampton Store / Hampton VIC 3188

Rio Sound and Vision - Thornbury Store / Thornbury VIC 3071

Klapp Audio Visual / Windsor VIC 3181

Out of all of them, Stereophonic & Rio "actively" stock their products.

The others are dealers, but dont stock them at all, like CAV - you dont find them mentioned anywhere on their website.

If Rio dropped, i reckon dynaudio would be big strife

Edited by Wilco

Might be clearing the way for new models. There's a new Excite range out, I wonder if there's any other news we don't know about!?

I snagged the last set of Confidence C1's :D

Trying to resist trading my Focus 160's for a pair of 260's - these prices are just absurd!

Move quickly on the 260s.

they have 3 pairs left - black gloss, White gloss and Walnut

Get yourself the full set!

Lol.

Gotta pay off the C1s first...

Congrats mate. Superb choice. Buy the best and save money.

I just couldn't resist. Would have cost me that much to land a used set from the US. But new, and with full warranty? No brainer really. The cc took a hit though...

Looks like the 260s are now sold out also. Given the price I am not surprised. I'm almost sorry that I am not a fan. :)

They had been sitting around for a few weeks - I wonder if this thread made the difference?  :P

They had been sitting around for a few weeks - I wonder if this thread made the difference?  :P

Well the timing makes that highly probable. The power of the forum and a true bargain.  We Aussies just love a bargain and that was outstanding pricing. Im still delighted for you getting the C1 ii. One of the greats.

Grabbed a pair of DM2/6 today. $499.

Guy in the store said they're parting ways with Distributor. Moving all their Dyn stock on.

Only had the DM2/6 in the demo room.

Grabbed a pair of DM2/6 today. $499.

Guy in the store said they're parting ways with Distributor. Moving all their Dyn stock on.

Only had the DM2/6 in the demo room.

It would be interesting to know why. Low sales, poor distribution service......?

Guest 322

Are they losing money by selling them at that price, or are the margins that big (based on RRP) ? ( :sorry: not meant to be a rant about are we getting ripped off)

Edited by 322

Are they losing money by selling them at that price, or are the margins that big (based on RRP) ? ( :sorry: not meant to be a rant about are we getting ripped off)

margins normally are at 30-40%...obviously brands differ, mate of mine works at an av retailer . dyna have bout 34% margin

Looking around at web prices $500 was a steal. Id assume that that would be near cost. Even though there was something not quite right with the demo set I listened to briefly. I felt I really couldnt go wrong at that price. 

They sound far better at home than they did in the showroom. The pairing with a valve amp in there was not great. cant recall the brand.

Trying to resist trading my Focus 160's for a pair of 260's - these prices are just absurd!

We'll b waiting for the review on your famous thread ehehehe