Sign in to follow this  
Kaynin

Denon 3313 firmware update issue.

Howdy folks,

I'm hoping someone can help me out.  I have the Denon 3313 which alerted me yesterday that a firmware update was available.  I always do this via ethernet, as opposed to USB.  I started the update process which was estimated to take 7 minutes. 

The AVR said it's "Authenticating", then half way through it turns itself off and then on again, re-starting the sequence.  Eventually the AVR says "Connection fail 25", and shuts itself down completely.  The unit is unable to make a connection at any stage.  I have been trying, intermittently, for 9 hours now.

I've checked the ethernet connection with two other devices and that's working fine.  I have also tried a full factory reset where the process appears to run normally, until the unit is turned on and it then attempts to conduct the firmware update once again, but fails....    I have heard of issues with Denons servers being problematic with updates, so will try throughout Sunday before contacting the point of sale on Monday.  Hoping to sort it out by then though.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Update - in case someone else has the same issue...

I recommenced the firmware update this morning.  1 hour later it established a connection and has updated.  As I understand it, Denon servers are difficult to connect to.  This whole process had taken 10 hours with countless attempts at connecting.  My advice, update via USB if available, or don't do the update in the first place if your AVR is working fine.

I had a Denon 4308 bricked doing a firmware update by wireless Internet ( which was intermittent at the time)

Cost me $250 and 2 weeks, as it was a new import from Singapore

C'est la vie, sry

Yeah, i won't update unless I can do it by USB now.