Oh yeah.......Iv'e just been Summoned!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's right... after 4 weeks wait, i was called to my door by a delivery person "large parcel, signature here please". With 2 large boxes in my view & a rather large smile   on my face, i quickly

Congrats!...................and nice pics too.

Don't you just love deliveries of new audio toys?   Enjoy.

Hey Yardley

Good to know.

Out of curiosity, what speakers did you get from Edward?

And on a side note seeing as your from W.A (Perth i presume) am looking for speaker cable for when my summoners finally arrive, do you know where i could locally get some decent cables?

Was initially going to go to Jaycar and grab some banana plugs and cable and make my own.

Cheers.

Nice to see another member with Ascension speakers..

I'm pretty curious to hear how they compare to my timberwolves (same cabinet). I have to admit though i'm jealous of that finish they look great!

Hey Yardley

Good to know.

And on a side note seeing as your from W.A (Perth i presume) am looking for speaker cable for when my summoners finally arrive, do you know where i could locally get some decent cables?

Was initially going to go to Jaycar and grab some banana plugs and cable and make my own.

Cheers.

i'd recommend blue jean cables for speaker cables and interconnects. They're no nonsense- you can get data sheets on exactly what cable/interconnects they're using (top quality).. and given their pricing i've found its usually not worth making them myself

Nice to see another member with Ascension speakers..

I'm pretty curious to hear how they compare to my timberwolves (same cabinet). I have to admit though i'm jealous of that finish they look great!

i'd recommend blue jean cables for speaker cables and interconnects. They're no nonsense- you can get data sheets on exactly what cable/interconnects they're using (top quality).. and given their pricing i've found its usually not worth making them myself

Ah, cheers for the info Sugar shark.

My summoners arrived yesterday :D  :D  :D  ( a couple days earlier than expected) so was forced to buy cables locally as I couldn't contain my excitement. 

only had about 30-40 mins of listening so far but ill certainly put a in a bit more of review and some pics if people want after I've given them a good 5-10-15-20 hours of listening. also have not set up the amp properly yet (room correction facility, could not seem to select just 2.0 speaker setup so will have to look into that later) but so far I'm one happy camper, already they sound detailed, clear and ?rich? (not sure if rich is the right word) and the bass! but also only listened 2 different CDS on them, the Cure, greatest hits and rammstein, leibe ist for alle da. but as Edward (from ascension) and mushroom01 from this site have mentioned they change a fair bit in the first few hours. so if this is what they sound like now I cant wait until they have a few hours on them. 

Anyway, ill stop babbling on and be back soon with a more legible and complete write-up.

My summoners arrived yesterday :D  :D  :D  ( a couple days earlier than expected) so was forced to buy cables locally as I couldn't contain my excitement. 

only had about 30-40 mins of listening so far but ill certainly put a in a bit more of review and some pics if people want after I've given them a good 5-10-15-20 hours of listening. also have not set up the amp properly yet (room correction facility, could not seem to select just 2.0 speaker setup so will have to look into that later) but so far I'm one happy camper, already they sound detailed, clear and ?rich? (not sure if rich is the right word) and the bass! but also only listened 2 different CDS on them, the Cure, greatest hits and rammstein, leibe ist for alle da. but as Edward (from ascension) and mushroom01 from this site have mentioned they change a fair bit in the first few hours. so if this is what they sound like now I cant wait until they have a few hours on them. 

Anyway, ill stop babbling on and be back soon with a more legible and complete write-up.

I've had mine for a couple of years now. One tip I'd give is that they sound a *lot* better with more power; the bass tightens up nicely. I had a chat with the guys at carlton audio and they reckon that transmission line speakers (in general) "soak up power like a sponge".

Initially I had a single NAD C275 amp (150wpc), but adding a second one (330wpc) made a big difference, especially as the volume increased.

I've had mine for a couple of years now. One tip I'd give is that they sound a *lot* better with more power; the bass tightens up nicely. I had a chat with the guys at carlton audio and they reckon that transmission line speakers (in general) "soak up power like a sponge".

Initially I had a single NAD C275 amp (150wpc), but adding a second one (330wpc) made a big difference, especially as the volume increased.

I had a thought about that, I'm running mine through a Marantz sr7007 AVR and was thinking about how much difference maybe a power amp would go so now I am seriously going to consider a 2-channel power amp a bit later on down the track.

do you reckon its worth the time and effort trying to source an A-class power amp or would a decent D-class amp suffice. never had the chance to listen to too many a-class's so not sure how much difference it would make between the 2.   

Hey Mike, Congrats on the new arrival! :party  Ya gunna have heaps of fun. Looking forward to seein some pics  :thumb: Still lovin mine....... So musical, have'm on all the time.

I had a thought about that, I'm running mine through a Marantz sr7007 AVR and was thinking about how much difference maybe a power amp would go so now I am seriously going to consider a 2-channel power amp a bit later on down the track.

do you reckon its worth the time and effort trying to source an A-class power amp or would a decent D-class amp suffice. never had the chance to listen to too many a-class's so not sure how much difference it would make between the 2.   

Definitely consider a good 2 ch amp for music, so much better for music IMHO. Keep us updated about ya new toys. :thumb:

• Like 1

Sorry mate not too sure on the technical differences between class A/D, but the high quality power will do magic!

Mushroom how's the breaking in going? Had the spouse (or cops) on your case yet?  :party

The difference between an AVR & a quality 2 channel amp will be significant...you will know immediately it has ben a GREAT investment...the difference between D Class & A Class is using differing methods to reach the same end & $'s...Rob

Sorry mate not too sure on the technical differences between class A/D, but the high quality power will do magic!

Mushroom how's the breaking in going? Had the spouse (or cops) on your case yet? :party

With about 300 hrs on em now, sounding sweet. I just love the match up with my Marantz PM80 SE amp, = musical bliss!

No cops yet. I don't often play very loud, mostly mod volume. On the rare occasion it's up loud, my fly screen door rattles n gives me the s@#ts! Must fix that...

Hey Yardley

Good to know.

Cheers.

Use bare wire if you must have termination use copper only other terminations are usually brass gold plated(crap)

The difference between an AVR & a quality 2 channel amp will be significant...you will know immediately it has ben a GREAT investment...the difference between D Class & A Class is using differing methods to reach the same end & $'s...Rob

With about 300 hrs on em now, sounding sweet. I just love the match up with my Marantz PM80 SE amp, = musical bliss!

No cops yet. I don't often play very loud, mostly mod volume. On the rare occasion it's up loud, my fly screen door rattles n gives me the s@#ts! Must fix that...

Hey'o Again

Ever heard of Linn Klout amps? Seen one in perth on gumtree, and wondering if anyone has heard them or of them? could not find any reviews as such.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/fremantle/other-books-music-games/linn-klout-power-amplifier-sn1835/1026742039

Any help appreciated, cheers again all.

• 2 years later...

Wow they look sensational and so sexy! and the finish looks incredible :thumb:  :) I will bet they sound amazing!. I will have to look them up as I am unfamiliar. Why they stuck those surfboards on the front will always be a mystery to me though.