Oh yeah.......Iv'e just been Summoned!

I had a thought about that, I'm running mine through a Marantz sr7007 AVR and was thinking about how much difference maybe a power amp would go so now I am seriously going to consider a 2-channel power amp a bit later on down the track.

do you reckon its worth the time and effort trying to source an A-class power amp or would a decent D-class amp suffice. never had the chance to listen to too many a-class's so not sure how much difference it would make between the 2.   

Sorry mate not too sure on the technical differences between class A/D, but the high quality power will do magic!

Mushroom how's the breaking in going? Had the spouse (or cops) on your case yet?  :party

I had a thought about that, I'm running mine through a Marantz sr7007 AVR and was thinking about how much difference maybe a power amp would go so now I am seriously going to consider a 2-channel power amp a bit later on down the track.

do you reckon its worth the time and effort trying to source an A-class power amp or would a decent D-class amp suffice. never had the chance to listen to too many a-class's so not sure how much difference it would make between the 2.   

The difference between an AVR & a quality 2 channel amp will be significant...you will know immediately it has ben a GREAT investment...the difference between D Class & A Class is using differing methods to reach the same end & $'s...Rob

Sorry mate not too sure on the technical differences between class A/D, but the high quality power will do magic!

Mushroom how's the breaking in going? Had the spouse (or cops) on your case yet? :party

With about 300 hrs on em now, sounding sweet. I just love the match up with my Marantz PM80 SE amp, = musical bliss!

No cops yet. I don't often play very loud, mostly mod volume. On the rare occasion it's up loud, my fly screen door rattles n gives me the s@#ts! Must fix that...

Hey Yardley

Good to know.

Out of curiosity, what speakers did you get from Edward?

And on a side note seeing as your from W.A (Perth i presume) am looking for speaker cable for when my summoners finally arrive, do you know where i could locally get some decent cables?

Was initially going to go to Jaycar and grab some banana plugs and cable and make my own.

Cheers.

Use bare wire if you must have termination use copper only other terminations are usually brass gold plated(crap)

The difference between an AVR & a quality 2 channel amp will be significant...you will know immediately it has ben a GREAT investment...the difference between D Class & A Class is using differing methods to reach the same end & $'s...Rob

With about 300 hrs on em now, sounding sweet. I just love the match up with my Marantz PM80 SE amp, = musical bliss!

No cops yet. I don't often play very loud, mostly mod volume. On the rare occasion it's up loud, my fly screen door rattles n gives me the s@#ts! Must fix that...

Hey'o Again

Ever heard of Linn Klout amps? Seen one in perth on gumtree, and wondering if anyone has heard them or of them? could not find any reviews as such.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/fremantle/other-books-music-games/linn-klout-power-amplifier-sn1835/1026742039

Any help appreciated, cheers again all.

• 2 years later...

Wow they look sensational and so sexy! and the finish looks incredible :thumb:  :) I will bet they sound amazing!. I will have to look them up as I am unfamiliar. Why they stuck those surfboards on the front will always be a mystery to me though.