Oh yeah.......Iv'e just been Summoned!

That's right... after 4 weeks wait, i was called to my door by a delivery person "large parcel, signature here please". With 2 large boxes in my view & a rather large smile :)  on my face, i quickly scribbled my sig & got to work unpacking my Ascension Summoner 1093SHTL's....

post-122082-0-68987400-1375508967_thumb.

post-122082-0-94599100-1375509033_thumb.

As everyone says, pics just don't do them justice. The detail & colour within the Blackwood finish made my jaw drop  :o , i couldn't wipe the smile :D​  from my face while unpacking. Totally exceeded my visual expectations.

post-122082-0-95028700-1375509219_thumb.

post-122082-0-37852200-1375509281_thumb.

post-122082-0-12740500-1375509588_thumb.

My custom designed grill cover, to maximize the Blackwood finish shown. 

post-122082-0-52168800-1375509536_thumb.

post-122082-0-16346300-1375509462_thumb.

post-122082-0-11869800-1375509355_thumb.

post-122082-0-37340400-1375509428_thumb.

post-122082-0-72665800-1375509628_thumb.

post-122082-0-75469000-1375509770_thumb.

post-122082-0-71006400-1375511268_thumb.

With just under 20 hours on them, they are really starting to sound exceptional. The Horn Ribbon Tweeter is absolutely remarkable! :)  so smooth & detailed. I'm hearing so many sounds iv'e never heard before, with amazing clarity. The mid range is super smooth, then there's the bass...... so smooth, detailed, tight & extended. :love  Will only improve further with use. The sound stage is huge & imaging is excellent. My Marantz PM-80 SE seems to match very well.

I'm very very happy with my purchase. that's enough rambling on, it's time to get back to my favorite chair & spin some more tunes.  :thumb:

• Like 20
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's right... after 4 weeks wait, i was called to my door by a delivery person "large parcel, signature here please". With 2 large boxes in my view & a rather large smile   on my face, i quickly

Congrats!...................and nice pics too.

Don't you just love deliveries of new audio toys?   Enjoy.

I wish my girlfriend liked timber finishes.....Looks stunning mate, and I know they sound amazing, I advised my mate to get a 5.1 pack from Ascension and it sounds fantastic. 

They look great Mushy, I hope you enjoy them for years to come. They certainly look better in your pics than on the AS website.

:)

Just one thing and if you don't  mind my asking, what did they cost you? I know a guy who is looking for some not-too-expensive speakers and these might just be what he is looking for.

Thanks .

Edited by Phantom

Thanks everyone for your kind comments :thumb: . will keep you updated with sound improvements, once i have more hours on them.

Phantom, PM sent regards your inquiry.

Niiiice...

They're a big ol' block of speaker.  And yeah, that's nice looking AV cabinet you've got too, looks solid.  And probably most importantly, you like how they sound!

Excellent!

Pics...enthusiasm, excitement when you the door is knocked on and the ensuing unveiling, also confirmation that my coffee table isn't the only coffee table taken up with those stupid candles that women think/look/smell/ good and then proceed to buy and place everywhere.

I don't care how much they cost, I don't need to know especially as Google is your friend in this area if you do indeed need to know....they look absolutely stunning for your circumstances and your decor settings...timber and timber finishes and grey rugs on the floor...all of it's lovely.

They're physically big too so if you have young children then do what I did with my imposing floorstanders I had which used to be bigger than the kids before they grew up, and find some old Teddy Bears and plonk them on the top of the speakers and watch your kids associate big kick arse speakers with smiling cuddly friendliness.

Downside of all this love? Your bloody kids ring up and say:- "Daddy...can you get me a 'Teddy sound' for my flat?"  I'm searching the adoption records now trying to pass off my daughter to an errant Stork delivery...hella cheaper in the long run :D

WD with your speakers, they look fantastic :thumb:

• Like 1

Very nice, mushy. For quite a large speaker, they sit very nicely in your room and compliment that solid entertainment unit very well.

Enjoy the burn-in and then sit back and enjoy years of sonic bliss.

Noice MR01 !

That wood finish blends in with your AV unit beautifully.

I love how the hifi rack wood matches the speakers, looks bloody awesome Mushroom01.

Love a good wood!

Niiiice...

They're a big ol' block of speaker.  And yeah, that's nice looking AV cabinet you've got too, looks solid.  And probably most importantly, you like how they sound!

Very nice, mushy. For quite a large speaker, they sit very nicely in your room and compliment that solid entertainment unit very well.

Enjoy the burn-in and then sit back and enjoy years of sonic bliss.

It's just a big fluke with the match up.  :o

I was expecting a more yellowing colour throughout the Blackwood, rather than the red colouring. Obviously i prefer what i have received, because of the close match up.

I was originally looking at the Walnut & Dark Walnut offerings, but i just couldn't go past the Natural Blackwood finish. :)

Wherever there are knots in the Blackwood, they glimmer/shine different colours through the clear lacquer when viewing from different angles, also changes colour throughout the day with changing light conditions, just spectacular!! :thumb:

Edited by Mushroom01

Thanks for the post Mushy, these are on my (distant) audition list, I'll be looking at their amps to pair with some of their speakers as one of many options out there.  Love the beauty in natural timber too, you don't have to do anything to it it make it appealing.

Will be keen to hear your impressions when run in.

I love the simple look of the outward appearance of Edward's speakers, using the top of the box for the mid range enclosure, getting the woofer high up, yet quite a solid braced transmission line internal construction.  Proper internal construction, baffles, semi T and transmission lines  etc  IMO can be just as good an implementation compared to expensive "curved panel"  designs for eliminating standing waves etc (have had discussions with Phil V about this).

I bet you are happy with the result, they sounded fantastic through the Quasimoto amplifier that  Edward uses at his house. Good value to boot.

• Like 1

Very nice Mushy.  I'm sure they sound wonderful.  Is that rather large port covered in any way?  You'd hate have any rodents start nesting in there.

Blackwood is mine and the missus' favourite timber (well alongside black hearted sassafras). They really look a treat. Congrats. If they sound  1/2 as good as they look you will be a happy camper for many years.

I love the simple look of the outward appearance of Edward's speakers, using the top of the box for the mid range enclosure, getting the woofer high up, yet quite a solid braced transmission line internal construction.  Proper internal construction, baffles, semi T and transmission lines  etc  IMO can be just as good an implementation compared to expensive "curved panel"  designs for eliminating standing waves etc (have had discussions with Phil V about this).

I bet you are happy with the result, they sounded fantastic through the Quasimoto amplifier that  Edward uses at his house. Good value to boot.

Yes, having the mid woofer up high is great, as the ribbon tweeter sits at the correct listening height when i'm seated. Cabinets are very strong & well built, just shy of 50 kg each!

Transmission line bass is stunning with this model, very smooth with outstanding extension, way down low. Kick drums sound tight & very realistic. SB Acoustics are fantastic drivers IMO. :)

Blackwood is mine and the missus' favourite timber (well alongside black hearted sassafras). They really look a treat. Congrats. If they sound  1/2 as good as they look you will be a happy camper for many years.

Black Heart Sassafras is stunning timber :love ....I have made a wall clock out of this material for my parents, many years ago.

Yes, very happy with Blackwood.... :D Just love how it goes through visual changes throughout the day with changing light conditions.

Very nice Mushy.  I'm sure they sound wonderful.  Is that rather large port covered in any way?  You'd hate have any rodents start nesting in there.

:D I'll just keep the loud knob turned up! that will sendim a runnin.... :thumb:  Cocky's is what concerns me more, they get inside the voice coil holes in rear of the driver. I've had this issue before, when i received some speakers that were in storage over a long time. Could always put some fly screen material over the holes.... ;)

Sound is improving with each passing day. :thumb: Honestly, I just can't fault them, but my room needs some treatment & won't be easy to do with furniture layout & open-plan room designs. :(

What is the sensitivity of these speakers? They look sweeeeeet...

Specs below:

Cabinet: 1220h x 300w x 415d Transmission Line bass loading 96 litres

Power Handling: 180 wrms

Nominal Impedance: 6 ohms

Frequency Response: 21 -- 40,000 Hertz +/-2dB (extended response below 20 Hertz)

Sensitivity: 90.5 dB 2.83V/1m

Drivers: Ultra high end SB Acoustics 10 inch bass and 5 inch midrange drivers designed by ex-Scanspeak engineers; ultra low mass ribbon tweeter for absolutely accurate high range

They are damn nice Mushy! I was so close to pulling the pin on Ascensions however my room just isn't big enough so I went stand mounts. When I get a bigger room I'll be giving Ed a call that's for sure. Congrats mate ;)

Beautiful looking speakers indeed, especially with the grille off. Betcha they sound great too with nice low end bass from the transmission line enclosure and amazing stereo imaging too.

Oh dear god, what have I done?!?

Congrats on the purchase.

I've just got of the phone from Edward and order a pair of these but with ribbons, they look beautiful and BEEFCAKE! It's just made me more excited! Problem is I haven't told the wife yet.

bet they sound awesome though!! one thing I forgot to ask Edward though was do they open up much after 50-100-200 hours?

again,Congrats.

Oh dear god, what have I done?!?

Congrats on the purchase.

I've just got of the phone from Edward and order a pair of these but with ribbons, they look beautiful and BEEFCAKE! It's just made me more excited! Problem is I haven't told the wife yet.

bet they sound awesome though!! one thing I forgot to ask Edward though was do they open up much after 50-100-200 hours?

again,Congrats.

Congrats right back at ya!

Edward is great to talk with... Very informative & helpful. :thumb:

I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I'm over the moon with mine & they've really started to open up now, sounding fantastic!  :D

after the first 3 hours i noticed a large change with sound improvement. Imaging & a huge sound stage developed quite quickly. After that they have just been sounding smoother, bass extension & quality has also improved further now they have approx 150 or so hours on them. :)

Don't judge the sound too quickly, just wait until they have a few hours on them.

If you don't mind me asking. Which cabinet finish did you decide to go with?

I'm very keen to hear about your listening experience, once you've been "summoned".  :lol:  

Cheers,

your right. Everything I've heard about Edward reading through various forums/websites have been true, very helpful, easy to talk to, informative and an absolute gentleman. :thumb:

I went with these speakers cause i wanted to try and eliminate the need for a sub but have not heard this particular speaker before, so buying on faith even though everyone says always listen to speakers first, so I've been very naughty on that front. but have heard the Timberwolf 6652srtl which uses some very similar drivers which i thought sounded very nice, good detail and clarity. also Edward mentioned they are similar sounding, but defo better in the bass with the summoner and a very slight smidge clearer and detailed in the mid and top. also the difference between a 2-way and a 3-way. 

As for the finish I went for the Walnut which is a little darker than the "country oak" wood laminate I have for flooring so hopefully will compliment each other and tie the room nicely.

I've often wandered if the sound of the speakers change that much when running in or if our ear's "just get used to them". I think that's a question that we will never really understand.

How do you find the detail, clarity and separation with these monsters? good to hear you're enjoying you're purchase. :thumb:  :party  :hiccup