You can now have your ashes pressed into a vinyl record

Who needs an urn over the mantle when you can now store your ashes in a vinyl record? Vinyly found Jason Leach will combine your remains with 24 minute of audio of your choice. From Bloomberg Businessweek:

The process itself is fairly simple: Ashes are delivered to a pressing plant in London and sprinkled into the raw vinyl. But the cost can be exorbitant. The basic And Vinyly package starts at £3,000 ($4,600) for 30 copies of a record, each containing a bit of ash.

One recent customer was a musician named Francesca Grilli from Amsterdam. Via The Daily Dot:

“She had a classical score written and played by string instruments,†Leach said. “This was filmed. The instruments and score were burning during the performance. We pressed the ashes from the performance into clear vinyl cut with the audio recording from the performance.â€

What audio recording would you pair your ashes with?

Taken from here:

http://www.thestrut.com/2013/07/26/you-can-now-have-your-ashes-pressed-into-a-vinyl-record/

Cremation is against my religion (and adds CO2 to the atmosphere), but recording a piano recital and having it played on the anniversary of my death would be a fitting reminder to everyone why I became a software developer.

Cheers.