Summoner 1093SRTL ordered. 3 weeks to go!!

For a long long time now, i have wanted a pair of Summoner 1093SRTL's. Finally it's happened  :D  :party

After many communications with Edward, i settled with the Horn Loaded, Ribbon Tweeter, Blackwood finish & my own grill cover design, which i will keep to myself until they arrive, then i will post up pics.

post-122082-0-19942100-1373094315_thumb.

Specs:

Cabinet: 1220h x 300w x 415d Transmission Line bass loading 96 litres. 50kg each
Power Handling: 180 wrms
Nominal Impedance: 6 ohms
Frequency Response: 21 -- 30,000 Hertz +/-2dB (extended response below 20 Hertz) :thumb: 
Sensitivity: 90.5 dB 2.83V/1m
Drivers: Ultra high end SB Acoustics 10 inch bass and 5 inch midrange drivers designed by ex-Scanspeak engineers; ultra low mass horn loaded ribbon tweeter for absolutely accurate high range.

Horn tweeter shown on different model below.

post-122082-0-91329500-1373094630_thumb.

A 3 week wait, to be built & sent on the way  :( but will be worth the wait.  :) Happy days ahead!! :party

I'm half envious of these and I hope they are everything you wish for Mushroom...WD!

That horn tweeter...it looks great. I always liked the Aurum Cantus ribbon tweeter, I'd love to hear these though.

Was just helping my non-hifi friend with his first serious system, and we decided on these - I don't think you will be disappointed! We were a bit shocked at their size as we unpacked them, but that was soon forgotten once they were set up and playing some old favourites!

• 2 weeks later...

Was just helping my non-hifi friend with his first serious system, and we decided on these - I don't think you will be disappointed! We were a bit shocked at their size as we unpacked them, but that was soon forgotten once they were set up and playing some old favourites!

Hi there,

Thankfully I went with black for my 1093's and they sort of disappear into the background - very few people notice them other than to comment on their smoothness or depth.

But they are big!

Boots

Mushroom - how did you decide on the configuration?

I've often wondered about these myself, however I wouldn't be sure how to express my requirements accurately enough for someone to design to...

Here's a few reasons & explanation about how i arrived to my configuration.

My listening room is open to the rest of the house, connected to dining, Kitchen & the hall way connected to the other end of house. Also the room has a large, 3 seat lounge, down 1 side of the wall, with the arm-rest end of the seat about 800 mm - 1 meter away from the left speaker. I may post up pics at a later date to assist with my description.

1)  I needed a speaker with enough bass, to fill a large area.

2)  Needed to be bass rear-loading. Front port & sealed designs don't place the bass in the "sweet spot" like rear loading does.

3)  No sub used in my system. I won't need one with the 1093SRTL's usable output into the teens. Smooth bass from transmission line cabinet design.

4)  Wanted all speaker drivers to be seen above my 3 seat lounge chair. Chair can't be moved or wife will kill me.  :(

5)  Horn loaded Ribbon was picked, based on Edwards comments. He said it seems to give a slightly smoother top-end, when compared to the other ribbon. Also should reduce unwanted floor & ceiling reflections. Also help clear the 3 seat lounge arm-rest.     

6) Custom finish is important to me. I love the Blackwood finish & i also custom shaped my i own grill design, to maximize the amount of Blackwood shown...... & just to have something different, my own.  

7) SB Acoustics has a good reputation with performance Vs value.

8) I think it's the best speaker I could get for my budget & i'm proud to buy Aussie made.  :)

Edwards service & communication with me has been outstanding. A true gentlemen. 

Mmmmmmmmmm...............not long to go now. I'm hoping before Friday next week! <crossed fingers>

Edited by Mushroom01

• 3 weeks later...