Tape Libarrary

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am about to start a 10.5". R2R music collection as I currently only have 7" reels at present

Just scored a Sony 10.5" spool on eBay ( Woo Hoo)

At first I plan to purchase some brand new RMGI 10.5" X 1/4" tape, and record my favourite music on them

Still need to purchase a set of sexy metal Nab adapters and I will be ready to go

Still would be interested in a reference tape for calibration purposes

Edited by Full Range

FR the callibration tapes are just exactly that you must have a nice setup to use them in your workshop. Might get around to that but way easier to get Surg to do it.

Rather spend the dollars on studio taps the quality is well worth it.

If anyone is interested in a group buying tapes from overseas, we could combine our orders to reduce shipping costs.

I am currently considering buying some tapes from UltraAnalogue and Master Tape Sound Lab's.

Edited by Bigwheel

I need to get my act together first

But I am sure sometime in the future I will need to source some well recorded tapes from reputable suppliers

Priority now is some metal Nab adapters ( anyone have a spare set that wants to part with them )

Edited by Full Range

Not too sure of the brand but I would be after some 10.5" 1/4 inch tape.  I do have some blank reels I'm  new to this so would be guided by what people have found to be good

At the moment I have an Akai GX 635D an Akai GX 636 and a Teac A 4430S  thats in mint condition but what I would like to end up with is a Technics 1500.....so if anyone out here has one just sitting ?