Reel To Reel Eye Candy

What a smart waste of time Shane and your girlfriends. Think you need to contact the guy I've bought from and if you bothered to look a bit closer it says ended it's old news no probs contact the guy the pic was from his studio I've stated before post #64 it's in transit have I said anywhere that was my space no just proud to be able to find this and post a pic your always wanting a pic eg the MX 55 which you knew I didn't have.

But it's not really about what someone might have it's more how much noise you can make just like that neglected kid who has to be the bully in the school yard except your a grown man aren't you. And what of your support team, oh well guarantee they won't identify them self’s either..

The fact that you need to be seen as right is your problem not mine.

GV. I will be more than happy to offer my full apologies if I am incorrect.   SP10mk3 and P3 in the past has not filled me with confidence.

I am afraid my source( girlfriends) want to remain anonymous. I guess they are scared of your bullying. ;)  I am just the messenger.

Cheers

Edited by turntable

The machines look great, no matter where they are located.    We'll be seeing more photos in due course,  no fear there. 

He who dies with the most music, wins.   It's a foregone conclusion that Shane beats all.     No need for any further ugliness in this thread,  just eye candy,  more and more R2R eye candy. 

Mini GTG at my place last night.   KD sounding good,  Luxman good,  but the MTR10 playing back Saxophone Colossus well that was something else.   15ips masters really are spooky real.  

Edited by ozmillsy

Shane the mere fact that you believe you even have a right to be a messenger is astounding let alone speak for whoever, gutless if there is one or more, your associates.

This is not your first attempt, all pathetic as well, don’t mind a joke but attempting to hide from your action is cowardly blaming another anonymous source. (Don’t shoot me I’m only the messenger bull&^%&^%).

Just another sign of a bully when confronted runs or blames someone else.

Oz sorry but the only thing Shane has is an over large opinion of his own self-importance just another facet of a neglected child.

Lord of the Fly’s maybe.

Why make stupid posts in the first place, (GV. I will be more than happy to offer my full apologies if I am incorrect) sorry only one conclusion.it wouldn't be sincere and again who the hell elected you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all it's been quiet here lately.

I recently tracked down a Studer A810 in Canada, through the generosity and kindness of Edward Pong, UltraAnalogue recordings.dyqe2avy.jpg

Ed's friend Roger has found a Studer that he is reconditioning for me. I'll let you all know how this goes.

Roger's background

For my background, having been in this industry since the late 1960's I have engineered and tape-op'd on some significant albums some of which are listed on my website; www.tekxelectronics.com. I also studied electronics at an early age and about 10 years ago I was asked by Studer to represent them for reel-reel service here in Canada for which I was most honoured.

I have also published a book on the technical aspects of professional studio audio which is available through: http://posttoronto.com/image/data/Tekx%20Electronics%20Book%20Introduction.pdf

• Like 3

Guys - an eBay vinyl Seller in the States I've been buyng a few platters off, and whom is totally trustworthy, has some reel to reel tape titles every week up for grabs.

I have no interest, but you'all might?

Sinatra/Lopez/Peter Gunn and others....

Let me know if you want the details, by PM?

E, I can roll over with the MX 55 and some tapes The MTR 15 you will have to come over/

Cool,

Either way Its a date then, let me know when you are able to come over i'll fire up the plasmas and start ionizing the oxygen!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, a couple of months ago I finally found a nice little unit and actually also purchased some new tape.  The unit is an Akai GX-77 :) .  Runs perfectly and is just the ticket I need now for transcoding all these tape I inherited - or at least the ones worth preserving digitally.  Now all I need is to construct my music room   :( .

• Like 1

finally figured out the image load!  must learn to clear the computer of all of the photos (too much clutter)  so there is the little GX-77 one of the last 3 motor 6 head AKAI reel to reel tape decks ever made.  and works perfectly.  However, did order new belts for the rewind and fast forward pulleys just in case.  Nice chap in UK had these along with full set of instructions and photos of how to dismantle the unit to do this if needed.  

cheers

Bill

post-141647-0-85676100-1386454315_thumb.

• Like 1

Thanks Bigwheel,

I have also got a Technics direct drive turntable and also a Pioneer semi-auto belt drive, a Technics CD player from around 1988, and AKAI GX Cassette recorder from around the late 1970's as well as a Sony receiver which has a bit of power and weighs a tonne.  All I need now is a set of speakers from the era and I will be okay.  I used to have a pair of Leak Sandwich 600s but the speakers blew out including the 12" woofers.  Must have been all that Moody Blues, Metallica and Led Zeppelin   :( .  So am looking for a pair of nice vintage speakers in the next year and that will form part of my new music room.  My current home theatre room will remain as is.

So I will then place my vinyl collection in the new room as well as all the 7" tapes I have.  Nice project over the next year or so.

cheers

Yes,  very much so.  And although I really love my VAF DC-x and Paradigm speakers, I do miss the sound of Leaks, older Kef concertos, the older B&W and also would you believe it some of the old song diffusion upturned speakers.  At the ABC the monitors used to be Leaks orYamahas and even Tannoys so you did get exposed to a lot of interesting gear.  They even used Garrard 301 and 401 turntables at the consoles!  I remember one console desk here in Canberra which seriously looked something out of an Art Deco version of the Tardis!  I only wish I had the foresight to take the thing when it was decommissioned - as it was it has now all gone similarly with the one up in Cairns.  All the old stuff has been junked.  Pity, as even now I believe that some of the radio equipment could be rescued with valves which are still made in Russia and China.  There is something about analogue which digital will never quite get to.  It is similar with good film - much better than digital.  Although some of the new cameras get close, however the viewing medium is still limited by pixel count.  Even 4k will not get you to the full expanse of 32mb of data off 35mm film frame.

Still - that is progress?