Sign in to follow this  
PixelPlay

Reel To Reel Eye Candy

I had a model very similar to this in the early 70's. I think it was about 6 inches taller however. It cost me $100 back in the day!

post-112573-0-80553100-1372681982_thumb.

Edited by progladyte

Here is a couple of photos of my Sony TC 765 don't see many about in a sea of other brands

post-112724-0-43697000-1372683854_thumb.

post-112724-0-35862500-1372683968_thumb.

Dr they are excellent. Lusting after them already.

Great to see they are still used. I wonder how they sound.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Audionutz
      Item: Tandberg TD-20A
      Price: $1500 neg.
      Item Condition: Excellent & fully serviced with receipts
      Reason for selling: Not used
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      This unit has been fully serviced and is in excellent condition.
      Spare spools and recordings shown will be included at the asking price.
      A famous model from arguably one of the premium manufacturers.
      If you've ever wanted to dabble in the wonderful world of Reel to Reel recordings and playback, this would be an excellent place to start !

Manufacturer: Tandberg Radio Factory, Norway Number of tracks: 4 track setup will play 2 track tapes as well Head assembly: 3 magnetic heads Drive: 4 engines Max reel diameter: 27 cm Tape speeds: 19 - 38 cm/s Tape counter: 4 digits with zero button Level meters display: 2 x frequency corrected peak instruments Wow and flutter: (DIN 45500): 19 cm/s = + 0.08%, 38 cm/s = + 0.06% Frequency range (DIN 45500): 19 cm/s: 15 - 30000 Hz, 38 cm/s: 15 - 34000 Hz Maximum compatibility: (decrease at kHz) at 10: 19 cm/s = 7 dB - 38 cm/s = 3 dB Crosstalk (1kHz, channel /channel) Stereo: 54 dB - Mono: 64 dB Deletion damping (DIN 45510): 76 dB at 19 cm / s Pre-magnetization and deletion frequency: 123 kHz THD (related to 320 nWb/m): 0.5% Inputs: microphone, radio, Line 1, Line 2 Outputs: Radio, line, headphones Dimensions without reels: 435 x 450 x 200 mm Weight: 17 kg
      Pictures:

• By ex brickie
      Items: 2 reel to reel tapes price : see items below (+ postage) Location: Townsville
      payment method: bank transfer or PayPal (+3%)
      reason for sale: de-cluttering and not being played

original reel to reel tapes of the following:

Kenny Baker - trumpet . London label . 4 track 7.5 IPS. Untested but looks very good inside. Box scuffed but no rips or tears $15 onoOno

Dionne Warwick - Windows of the World . (Inc I Say A Little Prayer) . 4 track stereo 3.75 IPS. Untested but looks very good inside. Box undamaged and only slightly scuffed $25 Ono

Both for $45 inc postage in Aus

• By DrSK
      Hi all,

I'm new here as of yesterday. I pulled a Nagra IV SJ reel to reel tape player from a skip bin nearly two years ago.

Does anyone know of anyone in Australia or the best place to get things checked out or to just get replacement parts for some of the perished follower wheels etc?

I talked with the guys that owned it and as far as they knew it was in good order, they were just instructed to bin all gear that had not been used in recent times due to downsizing of the office. I also picked up an old B&K meter which is of interest to me (acoustic engineer) from the bin.

I'd like to get it running and try it out.

• By eltech
      Item: bulk lot reel to reel tapes as shown in photo
      Price: $50 the lot
      Item Condition: very good. Last played a year ago. 
      Reason for selling:not required
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, 
      Extra Info:

Pictures:

• By VAKMAN
      Hi There,

It's been a while since I've been on this forum, but was wondering what's a fair price to pay for a Technics RS1500 Reel to Reel (15ips) machine in perfect working order.
      Any assistance would be much appreciated