new house , new room

New addition time, since getting the R35 phono stage, it’s bugged me having it sit on top of the sa10 player.  So have been looking around for a new rack. The existing sgr is very well made , but  a new shelf is $3500 and not that easily integrated. 

after looking at various brands solid tech, extrema, solid steel - I decided to give a Neo Tech tripod a go ( purchased from Art of sound) and installed it last night. Build quality is top notch and the machining and weight of the legs is pretty amazing.  Even things like the quality of the packaging  and foam inserts add to the user  experience.

Heights chosen were 27cm for the bottom,  22cm for middle and 17cm for the top, plan was to assemble in that order too, but due to a Cable length issue, ended up being 27, 17, 22. 

Fairly straight forward to put together with a couple on hitches - the Michi X5 is so darn deep I could not use the usual bananas, so had to swap over the bare wire until  I sort something out and the extra height of the cd meant my existing 50cm xlr cables were too short.

other than that the assembly and fit was spot on. Bonus the extra height means not quite so bent over using the TT , important consideration at my age.

IMG_3026.jpeg

IMG_2996.jpeg

IMG_3016.jpeg

IMG_3010.jpeg

IMG_3005.jpeg

IMG_3006.jpeg

IMG_3007.jpeg

IMG_3012.jpeg

IMG_3017.jpeg

IMG_3019.jpeg

IMG_3021.jpeg

IMG_3023.jpeg

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 14
  • Love 3

• 1 month later...

And things can change again in a short time 

Hegel H590  replacing the Michi X5 - sounds good - perhaps and bit more detail (need to listen to some familiar music) but the bass is amazing feels like my speakers grew bigger and the soundstage seems wider. The H590 seems to pair well with the Marten Parker’s. 

but also plugged in some new to me Siltech L330 speakers cables - not sure how much they are contributing, but sitting here right now listening to Yello’s Touch album sounds sensational 😎

IMG_3241.jpeg

IMG_3242.jpeg

IMG_3243.jpeg

IMG_3244.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Wow 1

On 14/10/2023 at 4:18 PM, cafe67 said:

And things can change again in a short time 

Hegel H590  replacing the Michi X5 - sounds good - perhaps and bit more detail (need to listen to some familiar music) but the bass is amazing feels like my speakers grew bigger and the soundstage seems wider. The H590 seems to pair well with the Marten Parker’s. 

but also plugged in some new to me Siltech L330 speakers cables - not sure how much they are contributing, but sitting here right now listening to Yello’s Touch album sounds sensational 😎

IMG_3241.jpeg

IMG_3242.jpeg

IMG_3243.jpeg

IMG_3244.jpeg

Its definitely the Hegel!!! 😉

...Siltech cables are very nice

• Like 3

• 4 months later...