Sign in to follow this  
The Dec

Maranta sr5005 amp

Hi guys

I have a maranta sr5005 amp and a five speaker setup and have recently purchased a luxman d-n10 CD player.

Have connected the cd to the amp however when I play a cd sound is only coming through the 2 front speakers. Can anyone give me any advice as to what I am required to do to have it play through all speakers

Cheers

The CD is only stereo, which is why you only get 2 speakers - it's meant to me like that :)

Maybe see if there's a "5 speaker stereo" surround mode on the Marantz - or use one of the Music surround modes - that'll get sound through the other speakers - won't sound better though.

The CD is only stereo, which is why you only get 2 speakers - it's meant to me like that :)

Maybe see if there's a "5 speaker stereo" surround mode on the Marantz - or use one of the Music surround modes - that'll get sound through the other speakers - won't sound better though.

Thanks appreciate that. To be honest i wasnt sure in that I have a DVD player which plays cd's and the sound comes through all the speakers. So wasn't sure if the CD player should be doing the same thing in playback.

Cheers

Thanks it has the 5 speaker surround so all good

There's a bunch of guys here who probably developed an eye twitch when you turned on 5 speaker surround - but good to know it works and you're happy with it :)