importing vinyl v/s buying local

I have been trawling through various sites and noticed the price of some audiophile vinyl both local and imported.

I remember doing the sums once and when you factored in dollar exchange shipping costs etc it generally came out even.

However i noticed two in particular Eric Clapton $85.00 locally

Travelling Willburys $128.00 locally

On Elusive Disc site these are E.C A$53.00

T.W A$80.00

surely the shipping costs don't add up to $32.00 and $48.00

Are we been ripped off in OZ or am i missing something here

Diesel 459 :rolleyes:

Don't know if we are being ripped off, but certainly paying a premium. l am in California at the moment and am amazed how cheap new releases are. l paid A#30 for Radioheads newy, could have it here for US$16. l bought Mary Gauthier's latest on 180gm 2LP for a mere US$19. Its a feast :blush:

I priced the Alison Krauss & Union Station "So Long So Wrong" LP 180g MFSL at $US40 which I thought was ok and then I got the estimate for shipping at $US160 :rolleyes: When I queried MFSL on their shipping rate they said it was based on book rates but Amazon's book rate is only about $US6. Needless to say I didn't order the LP. However, MFSL shipping rates for SACD's aren't that much more than Amazon's.

Then I discovered and bought the LP locally for $A75... which I thought was a bargain!