Sign in to follow this  
bhobba

AMP GTG

Hi Guys

Chatting to Mike yesterday and we both thought it would be a good idea to have an amp GTG once my Limited's are finished.

I have the Arion 250 and 500 coming in, as well as my Naquadria, NAKSA, and Topaz monoblocks.  Cafad may be able to either come on down and bring his Daynes Ampino, or send it down, which should make for an interesting comparison.

Mike may even have the ML1 Limited finished by then.  At the last GTG my favorite system was the ML1's and the Topaz monoblocks - can hardly wait to hear them with the Limited's.

Anyway things can be firmed up more once the Limited's are finished.

Thanks

Bill 

Edited by bhobba

In round numbers when will the limiteds be done Bill, are we talking in a few weeks time or so? Any interest in a few more DIY amps to join the party?

Chris

Edited by hochopeper

if Jeff comes down I'll expect him to bring the big RG's and blow everything out of the water.

In round numbers when will the limiteds be done Bill, are we talking in a few weeks time or so? Any interest in a few more DIY amps to join the party?

Hi Chris

Hopefully next week some time.  But the holdup is likely to be the Arion amps.  Mike Kallelis hand builds each amp and is moving factories right now so its unsure - one month maybe - two months at the outside.  Also I would like the ML1 Limited's to be there so maybe July-August some time.

I don't think there is any restrictions on any amp joining the party - we simply need to ensure we don't have so many you cant hear them all.

Hugh mentioned he had a new NAKSA he was very impressed with and we may be able to get that into the mix.

Thanks

Bill 

I just happen to have a pair of AJs Hypex Ncores on my shelf as well.  Assuming AJ is happy with the idea of course, (but I suspect he will be).

This could turn into a week long "Gold Coast Amplifier Festival" if you're not careful Bill! ;)  

That works for me by the way, I've discovered that I have cousins that live 5 minutes from Mikes, almost within walking distance.

if Jeff comes down I'll expect him to bring the big RG's and blow everything out of the water.

Is that the Halcro's?  Heard those - not bad but thought others had the edge.

Thanks

Bill

I just happen to have a pair of AJs Hypex Ncores on my shelf as well.  Assuming AJ is happy with the idea of course, (but I suspect he will be). This could turn into a week long "Gold Coast Amplifier Festival" if you're not careful Bill! ;)  That works for me by the way, I've discovered that I have cousins that live 5 minutes from Mikes, almost within walking distance.

Hi Cafad

AJ is one fantastic guy.  He has already been really kind and sent the Hypex up for me and Mike to check out.  Really good value for money but I did find them a bit dead compared to the much more expensive stuff we compared them to.  AJ did mention however a power supply mod that improved them so its probably worth hearing them again.

Thanks

Bill

Hey Bill, Luc's talking about the Redgum monoblocks.  I have to say I am curious to hear how they would hold up in that sort of company.

Hi Chris

Hopefully next week some time. But the holdup is likely to be the Arion amps. Mike Kallelis hand builds each amp and is moving factories right now so its unsure - one month maybe - two months at the outside. Also I would like the ML1 Limited's to be there so maybe July-August some time.

I don't think there is any restrictions on any amp joining the party - we simply need to ensure we don't have so many you cant hear them all.

Hugh mentioned he had a new NAKSA he was very impressed with and we may be able to get that into the mix.

Thanks

Bill

I'm keen as a bean to hear that new Naksa - also Cafad - of course cool with the Ncores touring :)

AJ

I'm keen as a bean to hear that new Naksa - also Cafad - of course cool with the Ncores touring :)

Yea - must chat to Hugh and see what can be arranged.

Thanks

Bill