NFB3 (384K) - new affordable audio-gd 32bit/384khz DAC

Its about time he has taken the plunge and used a delta sigma chip from TI, if only he would come out with one that has PCM1794 and also the PCM 4222 that also has the capabilty of stepped ladder volume control, and then I will think about purchasing one to satisfy my curiousity :)  

Great to see him do it!

Yeah, I recall seeing that thread back when John Kenny first released his JKDAC32 which features this chip. Despite some of the negative stuff on diyaudio and other forums, John's implementation is superb and I MUCH prefer it over his ES9023 version of this DAC.

I can only assume that Kingwa has it under control. Apparently he says that his implementation is more revealing and neutral than his Wolfson WM8741 DACs, which tend to the warm side.

• Like 1

That is very true for almost any S-D chip that I have come across so far - implementation, PSU and output stage all count and they all can make of break the whole package. That being said, I will be bold enough  to say that is true for any audio product but do not want to start another flame war.

• Like 1