Sign in to follow this  
Cafad

Power Amps, An Overdue Addicts Guide

It is very musical and conveys the emotion very well, it is just not coloured, I read varies peoples opinion about the amp and in my opinion it shows other issues with the overall system make up .it goes very well with my valve icon audio pre. my speakers are the Aurum Cantus grand supreme and the tweeter is so clean with excellent detail , I think that it matches the amp very well. if you get a chance to hear one at home do so.

My concern is that my Ming Da preamp MC-300-PRE has an output impedance of 600 ohms which would appear to present a difficult load to a power amp with an input impedance of only 10 Kohms?

You can get a home demo from Magenta hifi, you would be able to try it at home for a few weeks, if it is not suitable mark will refund your purchase price. this was offered to me when I made my initial enquiry.

You can get a home demo from Magenta hifi, you would be able to try it at home for a few weeks, if it is not suitable mark will refund your purchase price. this was offered to me when I made my initial enquiry.

Thanks I'll make an enquiry.

Meanwhile, can those with more knowledge than I have comment on the impedance matching issue?

I did a Google search on Longwood audio and Halcro and all I got was some old forum posts from various places and nothing really useful.

The Magenta site has some minimal product descriptions and no pricing at all.

I guess more info may be available in time.

My concern is that my Ming Da preamp MC-300-PRE has an output impedance of 600 ohms which would appear to present a difficult load to a power amp with an input impedance of only 10 Kohms?

It's not possible to present a difficult load at an amplifier's input, because the term 'load' refers to the termination impedance.  

For a preamp, a 600 ohm output impedance is a bit higher than normal but there shouldn't be any problems driving 10k ohms. The main consequence of a 600 ohm driving impedance is premature HF roll-off, which will occur if you're driving a long or high capacitance interconnect cable, or into a power amp with an input filter that's designed to be driven from a significantly lower output impedance.

If you keep your interconnects short there should be no problems.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gyro
      Item Condition: Used, excellent. Still under warranty Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: ROSEMOUNT 4560 State: Queensland Payment Method: Cash, EFT, P/P Reason for selling: Saving for M1200's Another fantastic PSA product.  Perfect condition!   3 months to run under warranty & I have original boxes.   I've been an set guy for years ( and still love them) but these amps are something special.  I originally bought them to power woofers in a 3 way system ( using tube amps for mid & top) but that never eventuated.  I was very surprised when I put them in my current system. Power authority, control, very quiet, dynamic and to my amazment very good linear extension to the top end.   My tube amps didn't go back into the system.
      These things are so efficient and don't even  get warm.  I like everything about them down to the speaker binding posts. Not only do they have a slip ring to prevent the nut from bitting on the spade terminal but notice how all the shafts extend right the way inside the case and are rock solidly mounted.

See also my other gear 4 sale;
      Acrolink power cables, Acoustic Zen speaker & innterconnect cables, uLink, id100 apple dock, & in time Audion Black Shadow SET 845 monoblocks,  Focal 15k 8711 woofers & possibly Stellar gain cell dac/ pre.

• By mm13
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Noranda State: Western Australia Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup + Paypal fee Reason for selling: Surplus Further information: Linn 2250 stereo power amplifier + Aktiv Treble Card in excellent condition. Come with  owner manual. 230W into 4 ohms and 115W into 8 ohms. Balanced and unbalanced inputs. I don't have original box but can pack properly for post. Postage will be $30 Aus wide.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Pasic007
      Item: Power Amp
      Price Range: 10k 
      Item Condition: Used
      Extra Info:  Prefer Mono's but can be integrated as well.  
      If you have Preamp as well my budget is flexible. Must be less than 5 years old and Perth. 
      pm me what you have.

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).
    • By Megawolf
      Item Condition: good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: LONG BEACH State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash, EFT, Reason for selling: NLR Further information: 
                                                          Rotel 1080.  2 x 200w.  Balanced and RCA imputs.
                                               I had planned to use this as part of a 7.2 surround system.
                                                            Middle speaker placement proved to be a massive pain, so I gave up on the idea.
                                                            When I bought it I found that one of the XLR inputs wasn`t working,
                                                           I sent it to rage audio, who found that the balance switch was dirty, cleaned up, presto one good amp.
                                                           The case has a few small marks, the front is fine as is the rear, just the top.
                                                           I can pack for postage, it would have to be insured and signed for.

Cheers.         Ian. 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Marc
      Item Condition: Used, but excellent with original packaging Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sunbury State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal (+fees), Cash on Pickup, EFT, Credit Card (+ fees) Reason for selling: Moved to Dante enabled amps Further information: 

This amp is still in the current JBL Synthesis range and is spec'd in many high end JBL Synthesis cinema systems, selling for over $6,000 locally.
      https://www.jblsynthesis.com/products/electronics/amplifiers/SDA+7200-.html?dwvar_SDA 7200-_color=Black Lacquer-GLOBAL-Current&cgid=amplifiers

Can freight with insurance at cost Australia wide via Sendle.

Photos:

Stock photos: