QAC - Announcing New Web Site

Hi Guys

I'd just like to draw your attention to the fact that the QAC web site has moved and the domain/site is now http://qld-audio-club.org.au

I'd like to thank Steven our new webmaster for setting this up. Please note it is still under construction so you might find bugs/faults - if so contact him via site Contact Us. There will be a bit of a stall now as Steven goes for a "world jolly" for 6-8 weeks but on return we'll continue developing and improving the site.

Edited by greenie512

Hi Guys

I'd just like to draw your attention to the fact that the QAC web site has moved and the domain/site is now http://qld-audio-club.org.au

Thanks Phil and I've updated all links to you guys.

Ken Tripp

Wise and Wonderful Webmaster

Melbourne Audio Club, Inc.

http://www.melbourneaudioclub.org.au

Edited by KenTripp

Hi Ken - Thanks

and proftournesol ... yep isn't Gloria lovely ... only by coming to a meet will you ever know [ha]

as long as Gloria doesn't turn out to be another Amanda Lear, a larger teenage disappointment that discovering that Klatuu weren't the Beatles reformed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

btw Ken, I love that you finally have a website! just a note, wordpress sites are easy enough to put together if you arent a webdesigner, or graphic designer, but they allow you to make errors that wouldnt get passed go if you were coding it, or doing it in a professional web-design package. they also make for less than streamlined code and slow load times, because their wysiwyg process and coding means that you can do things like scale the pic, but it doesnt scale the original file on the server

an extreme example of this and the reason behind my post, is the pic for the June meetup DSC00208.jpg, it needs to be resized in a graphic editor to the final size before adding it, that tiny little image is 6MB! and your website host is pretty slow, so it took quite a while to load fully and I have top shelf cable internet, so I hate to think how long it would take on something less. the other 2 are larger than needed as well (147kb and 511kb). jpgs that size shouldnt be more than 20-30kb, so the large 6MB one is 300x what it needs to be :o  the large photo of Gloria on the other hand is lower resolution than it should be. so obviously you are using the wordpress editor to scale the pics without opening them in an editor first?

If that woman posing in ecstasy on the welcome page is a member then I'll join :love

and there they go, those girls have disappeared, never to return :blink: :love   :cool:   :wub:  :(  :P  if we want more women to come to audio club meets, I do think comments like this should be avoided, however harmless. there is a good chance the probability of being confronted with a somewhat geeky audio club sausage fest and being viewed as some sort of strange animal, is one of the main deterrents.

I know your comment is pretty harmless, but hopefully you catch my meaning; I mean no offence.

Edited by fetischizm