Sign in to follow this  
wikeeboy

FS: Wyred 4 Sound DAC 2 Black - Mint condition

Item: Wyred 4 Sound DAC 2 Black (PRICE REDUCTION)
Price: $1100 (Shipping Included within Australia)
Item Condition: Immaculate condition
Reason for selling: Not being used.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: The unit has barely burned in and has been in storage most of it's life. Comes with all original packaging. The unit is identical to the picture shown (Black unit, silver buttons) but i'd prefer not to open up the box to take pictures unless necessary. I am selling this unit for a friend who is overseas indefinitely.
Pictures:

post-138411-0-51580000-1364897187_thumb.

Edited by wikeeboy

I just bought the Rega DAC this morning, otherwise I would've snapped this up.

Good luck with the sale

Wikeeboy, surprised to see this up for sale as suspected you might be pairing this dac up with the offramp! Now you have me tempted and wondering what I would do with two of these dacs...

Would you believe i've actually got 2 of these?!!

I have my own which i continue to use and am looking to mate with an OR5, and then have another that i have been storing for a friend that moved overseas 3 months after buying it new. I have been storing his gear until he comes back to Aus but he emailed me this week and said to sell the gear for him. He also has a pair of Anthony Gallo Ref5LS's for sale..

Price Drop to $1100.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Arv
      Item: W4S STP-SE Pre-Amplifier with HT Bypass (Black)
      Price: $1100
      Item Condition: Used - Excellent Condition see Photos
      Reason for selling: Upgrade/ NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (as a friend or +fees), COD Only
      Extra Info:
      Purchased this Pre from @scumbag. Has been an excellent addition to my system and was a real keeper - however I have simplified my setup and moved away from separates.

Lots of great reviews of this unit online and on the forums. Instead of trying to explain the magic myself, refer to the following from previous listing I purchased from:

The unit will come with power lead, remote, manual and double boxed. I also bought a 2nd remote from Deep HZ (brand new & not used). The surface of the original remote had become slightly sticky but completely functional. Both remotes included. Able to ship interstate at buyers expense and risk; rest assured it will be well packed.

Links to some reviews and features from the W4S website:
      http://www.stereotimes.com/amp082912.shtml

FEATURES:
      Input / Output wiring upgraded to Kimber Tcss wire 2nd stage filtering caps (4-22,000uf caps) are upgraded to the Wyred 4 Sound Low ESR "SUPER CAP" designed for power supplies Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD) Optical rotary encoder (volume knob) Fully functional remote control 12V DC Trigger input (to automatically activate HT Bypass mode) Two - 12V DC Trigger outputs Home Theater bypass (customizable for any input, also DC Trigger input selected) Balance control Absolute phase control (0°/180°) - an interesting experience - it's amazing how changing the absolute phase effects the sound. Efficient (no heat) Tripple-ripple reduction circuit contains 164,560uF of capacitance Extremely low noise floor Fully balanced input to output Buffered passive/active design Automatically switched in Line Stage (when more volume is needed) Discrete volume control using dale RN55d resistors Unbalanced to Balanced conversion (when RCA input selected and XLR outputs are being used) Idle power consumption = 15w Rugged construction ½” Machined and Anodised front panels 60kohm input impedance 3 sets of gold plated unbalanced (RCA) inputs 2Â sets of gold plated unbalanced (RCA) outputs 2 sets of Neutrik Balanced (XLR) inputs 2 sets of Neutrik Balanced (XLR) outputs Factory Selectable mains 115/230VAC Compact size (17”W x 4”H x 13”D) 22lbs. Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By adamg
      Item: Wyred 4 Sound DAC-1 with femto clock upgrade
      Price: $600 Firm (incl. delivery within metropolitan Australia - would also help out if you are further afield).
      The current RRP for the DAC-1 in Australia without the upgraded clock is $1250. The only difference being the higher resolution capability of the USB module in the current productions.
      Item Condition: Excellent. Not a mark on it.
      Reason for selling: Having a change
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (+ any fees), COD Only
      Extra Info:  DAC was purchased new from Deep Hz Audio in November 2015 with the femto clock upgrade which cost an additional $275. I decided on the DAC-1 with upgrade over the DAC-2 as I didn't need the pre-amp or other features and by all accounts SQ is pretty close between the two. The USB on this unit is limited to 24/96 but goes higher over coaxial (and toslink I assume). Non-DSD version too.
      I've really enjoyed this DAC but thought I would have a change. I think there is some transferable warranty.
      Here is the W4S link including features and specification. This is for the current V2 model although the features list seems identical other than higher resolution over USB. Here are the Positive Feedback review and 6 Moons review of the DAC-1. The latter includes some comparisons with other DACs including PS Audio.
      There is more info out there on the DAC-2 which will give you a good idea of performance. This link explains the differences between DAC-1 and DAC-2.

Pictures:

• By chefscuba70
      Item: Complete Wyred 4 Sound Music Server 2 package, incl LHL Pulse Dac, Core Audio Tech LPS & Samsung Galaxy Tab3.
      Price: $ 1850.00
      Item Condition: Very good.
      Reason for selling: Upgraded to Antipodes DX2
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Everything you need for a great sounding Digital File Playback system. Ideal for anyone wanting to enter the world of digital music. Easy to setup and use. Plays most digital files up to 24/192. Can demonstrate how good this combination sounds and also explain how it functions. Have boxes for all units so happy to assist the buyer with their choice of courier.

W4S Music Server 2 - http://www.deephzaudio.com/Wyred 4 sound Music Server 2T product page.html
      I'm the original owner bought from Peter Thompson at Deep Hz Audio. You will need to speak to Peter whether this MS2 unit is comparable to the latest units as far as upgrading to SSD and 32bit audio if you wish to do so. This unit has a 2TB HDD (with about 1.3TB worth of music in Flac files) and 2GB memory. Music buffers into the memory before playback so no music plays directly from the hard drive, eliminating any lag/jitter issues. Rips CDs to internal HDD or simply transfer files over your network from another source. Comes with the original standard power pack.

Core Audio Technology Kaia Gen 2 Linear Power Supply - http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/core-audio-announces-new-linear-power-supplies/
      A beast of a power supply. This took the sound quality of the MS2 to a much greater level of detail and openness with a blacker background. Honestly, the W4S MS2 with this LPS unit has a similar sound to my Antipodes DX2.

Light Harmonic Labs Geek Pulse Dac - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017VY2VI6/ref=emc_b_5_t
      Perfect condition. ESS9018K2M Core Dac IC. Can convert bit rates of 1 bit, 16 bit, 24 bit, or 32 bit. It decodes sample rates of 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, 352.8 kHz, 384 kHz, 2.822 MHz, 3.072 MHz, 5.644 MHz, and 6.144 MHz. If asking price is met, I'll throw in an Analysis Plus Digital Crystal Coaxial Interconnect - https://www.sydneyhificastlehill.com.au/shop/cables/coaxial-cables/analysis-plus-digital-crystal/

Samsung Galaxy Tab3 10.1 - http://www.samsung.com/uk/tablets/galaxy-tab-3-10-1-p5210zwabtu/
       running the Orange Squeeze app which is a third party app that looks and functions better than the standard squeezebox app.
      Pictures:

• By HifiBean
      Item: Wyred4Sound DAC 2 DSDse DAC
      Price: AUD $1734.00 plus ship
      Retailed Price: 4000$
      Item Condition: Used, Mint
      Reason for selling: upgrade
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: One owner. Please see the photos for details. I bought this one directly from Peter Thompson of Deep HZ Audio in Australia.

Pictures:

• By Johngill
      Item: Wyred4Sound (W4S) Remedy SPDIF Reclocker
      Price Range: $150
      Item Condition: Used
      Extra Info: Looking for the W4S Remedy Reclocker.  I am in Sydney.  Happy to pay for delivery and cover 3% PayPal fee.  

Cheers
      John

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).