houdinifangs

Show us your tubes

@mwhouston have you had many comparos with tubes vs the PS Vane units?

When my Time Machine arrives from Earle, it will have-

Sovtek 2A3

Tung Sol 6SL7

Svetlana 5U4g.

To 'PS Vane-up' the Weston Pre will be around 1400 to 1500 bucks. This will be fine but just wondering if you had any other alternative suggestions or omissions ('not worth while swapping that one' etc).

13 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

@mwhouston have you had many comparos with tubes vs the PS Vane units?

When my Time Machine arrives from Earle, it will have-

Sovtek 2A3

Tung Sol 6SL7

Svetlana 5U4g.

To 'PS Vane-up' the Weston Pre will be around 1400 to 1500 bucks. This will be fine but just wondering if you had any other alternative suggestions or omissions ('not worth while swapping that one' etc).

Over that last few years I have been a Psvane convert. If I buy any tubes they are Psvane these days. I'm not a big A/B man I like to listen to amps, tubes, preamps  etc. as they are with their own character. But I have swapped tubes in the past and found some big and good changes so I should at least try.

I can only say try then better Psvanes and see what you think. 

24 minutes ago, campo007 said:

Sophia 274B Aqua rectifiers for my Audio Note Kits Mentor preamp. 

fullsizeoutput_2abe.jpeg

Very impressive.

ECC88, KT66 and 805 valves in AM 805 mono block 

DBBF1FE1-9807-48FD-87CC-E2CF20E28E36.thumb.jpeg.fda0025bee5377980f89087e641b191b.jpeg

Sorry about the phone pic.

Edited by Gryffles

First post on this thread for 2019, so keeping things kicking along,,,,,,,,,,,,

IMG_3498.JPG

IMG_3500.JPG

Edited by Mendes

I have wanted to try some different 2a3’s in the Time Machine since purchasing it from another SNA member last year, so when these TJ Full Music Mesh Plates were recently advertised I decided to give them a go and I’m very happy I did. I also recently fitted some ex US Army issue 1944 made RCA JAN 6SL7GT’s which was a welcomed sq improvement over the high hour Tungsols that were fitted.

The Time Machine with these two changes in tubes is finally starting to have a warm valve sound to it that I was chasing as an alternative occasional listening option to the almost SS detailed sq delivery of the Primaluna’s that I enjoy 90% of the time.

I’m still blown away about how strong Earl’s 7watt Time Machine amp can sound.

cheers Terry

06F26932-E848-4A38-BBDD-A4920675CF4C.jpeg

Edited by TerryO

52 minutes ago, TerryO said:

I have wanted to try some different 2a3’s in the Time Machine since purchasing it from another SNA member last year, so when these TJ Full Music Mesh Plates were recently advertised I decided to give them a go and I’m very happy I did. I also recently fitted some ex US Army issue 1944 made RCA JAN 6SL7GT’s which was a welcomed sq improvement over the high hour Tungsols that were fitted.

The Time Machine with these two changes in tubes is finally starting to have a warm valve sound to it that I was chasing as an alternative occasional listening option to the almost SS detailed sq delivery of the Primaluna’s that I enjoy 90% of the time.

cheers Terry

Looks pretty darn good.

1 hour ago, TerryO said:

cheers Terry

Pretty cool looking valves.   Love being able to see the filaments through the plates.

d85827206bfa6ce96deba824390557f8.jpg
Loving the new edition.
My first tube amp and so happy with it.