Custom IEM users come in!!

Hi! I realise there is a lack of threads on portable audio and IEMs so i was thinking to start this up!

i am a custom user myself and i have tried many IEMs so far.

IEM
UM Miracle
Shure 535 RED
UE TF10
UM Miracle(universal version)
JH16
UM Zeus(10 drivers)
UM Poseidon(6 drivers)
UM3x RC
UM3x RC BLUE
UM3x
UM2
UM1
DBA-02
Shure 420
UM Zeus (10 drivers)
Heir Audio 3.Ai
SE530x6
Westone 3 x 6

Headphones
Seinnheiser HD650

Amp Used

AMP-HP
ALO RX PINK
Ibasso D4
RSA SR-71B

Source Used

Colorfly C4 32GB
Ipod Classic 120GB
Cowon X7 x 2
Coby player
RWA Imod 5.5

DX100
AK100
Cowon Z2

Cables used

ALL WHIPLASH CABLES

ALL TOXIC CABLES

ALL PLUSSOUND CABLES

Crystal Picolino

These are what i owned before

Hope that there would be more life in here!!!

Cheers!!!

I own the JH16 and JH13s. It comes down to taste but they are hard to beat IMHO for sound and portability.

Do you still have the JH16s? or have you sold them?

The JH13s and JH16s compare very well to the best cans available. Some prefer them to the best cans..

While amplifiers help they  really do not  need them IMHO to achieve great sound from both the JHs.I have both the Blackbird SR-71A and Meier Quickstep as amps all about portability for me.

JH13s are more neutral and in my opinion are the better IEM have you tried them?

The JH16s are definitely bass heavy but are a fantastic IEM

I'm currently using um Merlin's with my colorfly C4 dap, it's a strange combination. Listening to the UM's on my iPhone they sound good but not great. Listening to my other iems on my C4 they also sond good, but not great, put the two together and BAM! Perfection... Curious to know anyone else's thoughts on the other high end daps available.

Thanks.

I own the JH16 and JH13s. It comes down to taste but they are hard to beat IMHO for sound and portability.

Do you still have the JH16s? or have you sold them?

The JH13s and JH16s compare very well to the best cans available. Some prefer them to the best cans..

While amplifiers help they  really do not  need them IMHO to achieve great sound from both the JHs.I have both the Blackbird SR-71A and Meier Quickstep as amps all about portability for me.

JH13s are more neutral and in my opinion are the better IEM have you tried them?

The JH16s are definitely bass heavy but are a fantastic IEM

i have sold the JH16s. IMHO i think JH16 is a bad CIEM. i could get the same sound with merlin.

i like the SR 71b. i have not tried A or the normal one but as i know its not much a difference.

I am holding miracle now and will be bringing translucent 1plus2 very soon. but sadly im located in SA. haha

I'm currently using um Merlin's with my colorfly C4 dap, it's a strange combination. Listening to the UM's on my iPhone they sound good but not great. Listening to my other iems on my C4 they also sond good, but not great, put the two together and BAM! Perfection... Curious to know anyone else's thoughts on the other high end daps available.

Thanks.

haha!!!! i understand the feel. C4 is smooth and nice feeling.

i have tried DX100 and i found it terrible. the player heats up crazily. batt life is worst than the C4 and it lags like crazy when u almost hit full capacity of the DX100.

sound wise the DX100 keeps changing which irritates me and its thicker than the C4. overall i feel C4 as a very gd DAP.

i have just ordered a Hisound Studio 3rd anniversary to try out as i felt it sounds gd and its small and portable

i havent had a chance to try AK100 yet but am very keen to try

Edited by chesterljh

i have sold the JH16s. IMHO i think JH16 is a bad CIEM. i could get the same sound with merlin.

i like the SR 71b. i have not tried A or the normal one but as i know its not much a difference.

Interesting thoughts on the JH16s ... I have never heard of anyone that has owned them that thinks they are bad.....maybe not to their liking but never bad.......

Out of curiousity what you did you not like about the JH16s?

Interesting thoughts on the JH16s ... I have never heard of anyone that has owned them that thinks they are bad.....maybe not to their liking but never bad.......

Out of curiousity what you did you not like about the JH16s?

if you use stock cable its fine. when i change the cable to silver. the highs are superbly sharp and the mids are too forward, as if its singing in your face, and this makes the details of the song unheard. i have changed between copper and silver cables (mainly whiplash)  and i hate the fact that the highs are so sharp and not very bright sound.

an advice i felt is - just stick to stock cable and u will be fine. just my honest opinion

I have only used the stock cable on the JH13 and 16s . I have found them to be superbly detailed in the mids and highs,full sounding  neutral and adding little in colouration(except the JH16s with more bass). I am not really fussed with cables they make very very little difference in my opinion, only a lot of money for dealers.

While I respect your opinion on the JH16s I have never found them bright , sharp or forward to my ears ,far from it. I have only used ipod classic source with aif files or Emm Labs sources(CDSA,XDS1,DAC2X).

Different opinions and flavours though .... . It what makes this hobby so interesting though.

Cheers

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...