Sydney Audio Club Meeting - Sunday 10-March-2013 - Krispy Kables, Esoteric K-03, Audion Silver Night 300B, Zu Audio Union speakers

O.Sydney

The March 2013 meeting of the Sydney Audio Club sees us once again at Dence Park for an afternoon of fine music and sound and convivial company.

Each month, the Sydney Audio Club presents the finest in high end audio systems for our members and guests. It's a bit like a private audio show once a month where you can hear and discuss equipment that you might not otherwise have the chance to audition. And you can bring along your own music to test the capabilities of the system or to just share with like-minded music lovers in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

Cameron Pope of Krispy Kables (http://www.krispykables.com.au/) will be presenting a system that promises presence, imaging and excellent tonal balance. Krispy Kables offers a wide range of products to suit every ear and budget: dCS, Bladelius, Aktimate active speakers, Sim Audio (Moon), EgglestonWorks speakers, Pure Audio, Morch tonearms, Resolution Audio, Shelter cartridges, Atohm speakers and subs, JL Audio subs, Verity speakers, Voodoo cables and Zu Audio to name a few, plus Krispy Kables own branded cables.

On the meeting day, Cameron will be presenting these components:

Basis Debut Signature turntable, with Transfiguration Axia-S cartridge (MC)

Pure Audio Vinyl phono stage

Esoteric K-03 SACD/CD player

Audion Silver Night 300B valve integrated amp

Zu Audio Union speakers – 99dB efficient single point source floor standing speakers with excellent imaging

Krispy Kables cables

Cameron will also be bringing another amplifier with more power than the Audion – one from BAT, Pure Audio, Moon, Micromega or Bladelius.

The second half of the music sessions will be our popular BYO. Members and guests are welcome to offer music to share with us all. So bring along your favourite discs – vinyl or CD/SACD. All we ask is that the music and recordings be interesting. We'll ask you to tell us a little about the artist/recording before it is played. Tracks over 6 minutes will be faded out, to give everyone a fair go.

Whether you are a novice or a seasoned veteran, you will have the opportunity to listen, learn and share your experiences with others of a similar mind.

Members and Guests welcome – we are a very friendly club so you don't need to know anyone to join us for an afternoon of fine music and sound. We will welcome you at the door.

Venue: Epping Creative Centre
Address: 26 Stanley St, Epping

When: Sunday 10th March

Doors open 1pm
Meeting starts at 2pm

Best regards,

Tom Waters

President

Sydney Audio Club

www.sydneyaudioclub.org.au

tomwaters@sydneyaudioclub.org.au

On behalf of Tom and the Sydney Audio club Inc.
O.Sydney

• Like 1

Yes the line up is looking very tasty. Will be a great meet for sure, looking forward to it.

O, your presenting the members music session this month aren't you? Should Cameron be concerned about his drivers? Will be interesting to hear what you'll spin up for us, I know it won't be Opera :thumb:

Yes the line up is looking very tasty. Will be a great meet for sure, looking forward to it.

O, your presenting the members music session this month aren't you? Should Cameron be concerned about his drivers? Will be interesting to hear what you'll spin up for us, I know it won't be Opera :thumb:

haha... I was just txting a mate and thinking the same thing re the selection I've already partly selected :(

I might post the short list later tonight :cool:

In all seriousness though, and if you're reading this considering attending and are bringing some music, these speakers are not intended to be earth shaking. The low frequencies roll off -3dB at 45Hz. They are ideally paired with a Zu Audio Undertone sub or two (which is on the plane so prob won't make it in time for the meet!) if deep bass extension is part of your prerequisite when shopping for speakers.

Just thought it would be worth noting this so there are no uncertainties in terms of expectations.

• Like 1

O Sydney has taken some great shots at gigs in Sydney and also at the Sydney Audio Club. So I suspect there will be some excellent photos posted here. I might have to grab the camera when he is playing DJ.

O Sydney has taken some great shots at gigs in Sydney and also at the Sydney Audio Club. So I suspect there will be some excellent photos posted here. I might have to grab the camera when he is playing DJ.

thanks (blush)

I'm not used to being in front of the camera I hide behind it !

there's a few pics from various outings in the "Who's Touring thread"

If the music is good, I am sure people will be dancing in the aisles!

This one might having them dancing, Ellis Thomas - Drippy Creatures, can't decide which track just yet, maybe track 1,4 or 6 ?

For you guys that like a darker style of Prog

have a listen here http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/ellis-thomas-drippy-creatures

And free WAV download if it's your flavour

A bit about Ellis;-

"... in the summer of 2011 Tom took a new approach towards his production aiming to have dark chugging elements of Techno, with minimal style percussion and the use of many FX with evolving atmospheres to always take the listener on a journey..."

clean sound, tight bass and really good depth with solid imaging over a large scape

O

Some great shots there O, and it was a fine afternoon listening to some excellent gear from Krispy Kables. Thanks to Cameron not only for the gear but also some good tunes. I have Chilly Gonzales on the list to buy now.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I really enjoyed presenting, and the fact that I also got to discover and enjoy some new music as well. It's a great club; it's evident that although everyone has an interest and appreciation of the gear presented at each meet, that they're just as much (if not more) into the music and being able to share an afternoon having a listen. A great vibe. 

Don't forget that I'm reluctantly parting with that gorgeous Basis if anyone is interested  :( - got to fund the addiction somehow  :lol: .