G'day from Melbourne! Info on Apan BRU-121 much appreciated!!

Well guys after many many years of desire I made the step & purchased a trusted vintage Apan BRU-121 and have it in my procession, got it home & thought I'd have a look over.

Let me say at this point, I know absolutely nothing about players, vinyls or any tech apart from the genuine sound of records from my youth. I want that back and need your help! I got a little excited & tried looking to see if belt driven etc ( as mate of mine asked..) I had no idea.. Started investigating and only could pull the rubber & spin wheel (pls excuse my ignorance, I don't even know the name... Yet)! So after opening I've found that definitely is belt driven but it looks to be loose & can't find any info as to where it's meant to go to-fro. Any copies of a user manual/directions would be greatly appreciated or even a trusted enthusiast that could help :-) :-)

Thank you in advance guys!! Cheers

• Like 1

Hi  and welcome, that was my first reall TT too. You'll struggle to find any info on the web. Is the belt running around the inner platter and the drive wheel orhas it come off all together? If it's really stretched or damaged the belt for a Sansui SR-212  should fit

• Like 1

OK, ive attached a pic of the TT with the belt loose (as outlined above).

I'm unsure whether the belt is stretched or not and I have no idea how to install it correctly.. If anyone has any manuals for this model or could assist with instructions to re-install/check if stretched etc.. that would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance :thumb: post-139459-0-98281700-1360105213_thumb.

• 11 months later...

I have had an APAN BRU-121 sitting in the garage for many years and have recently decided to get it out and going again. I bought it in Sydney in the late 1970s. From memory I paid somewhere around $150 for it.

It is in ok condition but definitely needs some work. The belt has completely perished.The dustcover has some minor damage but everything else looks ok.

As I read somewhere, APAN seems to have disappeared many years ago. There was a manual that came with these turntables but I haven't been able to track mine down. If anyone could help out with that it would be greatly appreciated.

Also its not clear how to adjust the speed on these TTs. Does anyone know?

I've ordered the belt. I'm hoping that once I get it installed a few things will sort themselves out.

Edited by RedRupert