FS: Wyred 4 Sound DAC2

Item: Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 - Black
Price: $1000 plus Postage
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Upgraded
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Direct Deposit
Extra Info:

I Bought this Dac new in September 2011 from the Australian Distributor (Deep Hz Audio) and it comes with all original Packaging; manuals and cables and is in as new condition.

It is a very nice sounding DAC which uses the ESS Sabre 9018 Processor Chips.  The sound is best described as highly detailed but without being overly analytical.  The Dac2 is high on features including 24/192 Async USB input; 1 x AES/EBU, 2 x SPDIF, 2 x Toslink and I2S inputs; Remote control; Home theatre Bypass &  Volume Control.  The Volume Control and HT bypass mean that you can potentially skip using a dedicated preamp in your system which is how I used to use this DAC.  

Reviews are here:

http://www.stereomojo.com/Wyred%20for%20Sound%20DAC%202%20Review/WyredforSoundDAC2Review.html

http://www.avguide.com/review/wyred-4-sound-dac-2-digital-analog-converter-tas-210

www.6moons.com/audioreviews/wyred4/dac.html

The DAC2 retailed for AU$1950 when I bought it less than 18 months ago and it is still the current top of the line W4S Dac.  I have priced it for a quick sale.

Pictures:

post-124834-0-87099500-1359691861_thumb.

post-124834-0-96384700-1359691872_thumb.

post-124834-0-49607700-1359691886_thumb.

Well it's really not a fair fight as they are not even close in pricing.

My main source is vinyl and that is the sound I am trying to reproduce when I listen to digital sources. This is obviously a tough ask as most digital sources have artifacts that make them sound ...well ... not quite vinyl.

The Meitner plays dsd and gets me much closer to the analogue sound than the w4s ever could. it seems the large void between analogue and digital are getting closer and closer. I have heard the playback designs mps5 before and I imagine the dcs and emm labs offerings are similarly good, but the Meitner MA1 well and truely gets me into the ballpark of these levels of performance for a more realistic budget. If you get the chance to hear one I encourage you to do it!