Pops 110’s gear

Another new addition has arrived. Just picked it up this arvo. It’s a little baby compared to the Kenwood, but it’s making some sweet sweet music at the moment.
Scored it for a very good price I think, very happy. 
Hoping to run it with the Mingda if we can get it going again. Should keep the missus happy too. Get rid of the big gear for a while and use the way more compact system from time to time.

F89DC227-F046-4129-8A70-92BE6BE533E7.thumb.jpeg.c976005eaf2b30e60f96623f30e4809b.jpeg60F10490-4CB1-4141-8E55-C7A7E18B0DC5.thumb.jpeg.7ef06c7be3269291b9e21e3280a1bb77.jpeg015DA87F-1C66-4082-8F0C-37CA4A7B27E0.thumb.jpeg.d45614876e2dc242840ca1fce8ebf3e8.jpeg538B1848-5C2E-436C-B4CB-E87A5294172A.thumb.jpeg.306866a6e6ea4dfae76f5fed35b3fdd9.jpeg7611E3F5-3BAF-45B5-A3EB-7BABAE981744.thumb.jpeg.c9fa9b57a873dd200c093d51651e4cf4.jpeg
Very nice mate! If it sounds half as good as it looks, your on a winner!

5 minutes ago, Upfront said:
30 minutes ago, Pops110 said:
Another new addition has arrived. Just picked it up this arvo. It’s a little baby compared to the Kenwood, but it’s making some sweet sweet music at the moment.
Scored it for a very good price I think, very happy. 
Hoping to run it with the Mingda if we can get it going again. Should keep the missus happy too. Get rid of the big gear for a while and use the way more compact system from time to time.

F89DC227-F046-4129-8A70-92BE6BE533E7.thumb.jpeg.c976005eaf2b30e60f96623f30e4809b.jpeg60F10490-4CB1-4141-8E55-C7A7E18B0DC5.thumb.jpeg.7ef06c7be3269291b9e21e3280a1bb77.jpeg015DA87F-1C66-4082-8F0C-37CA4A7B27E0.thumb.jpeg.d45614876e2dc242840ca1fce8ebf3e8.jpeg538B1848-5C2E-436C-B4CB-E87A5294172A.thumb.jpeg.306866a6e6ea4dfae76f5fed35b3fdd9.jpeg7611E3F5-3BAF-45B5-A3EB-7BABAE981744.thumb.jpeg.c9fa9b57a873dd200c093d51651e4cf4.jpeg

Read more  

Very nice mate! If it sounds half as good as it looks, your on a winner!

It sounds pretty good I think. Having a small footprint is a bonus. The glass on top looks really classy I think. The heat sinks will take a finger off if not careful. :P

• Like 1

Yep. Going well, won’t be changing them anytime soon. To get better would have to spend a fair whack and just don’t have it at the moment to spend. 

Although I would if I stopped buying cheaper things and saved up for big purchase.

Gotta find a job too. :)

• Like 1

Hello Pops,

looking good mate, you are making a collection of the glass top beauties.

Not sure if it works on the 506 but you should look up "hidden menu configuration Meridian 508". It enables a number of things but the one that was often used when they were new was switching off the error correction. It has a subtle but noticeable change in the sound. Some prefer it on , some off. 

Happy listening

• Like 1

Sweet, cheers mate will look into it. I do vaguely remember seeing something about that but didn’t delve any further.

The Meridians are very nice well made bits of gear for sure. Definitely not the be all and end all, but nice for very little outlay.

Yep. Going well, won’t be changing them anytime soon. To get better would have to spend a fair whack and just don’t have it at the moment to spend. 
Although I would if I stopped buying cheaper things and saved up for big purchase.
Gotta find a job too. [emoji4]
Is the big green sparkling white elephant finally finished?[emoji38]

Nup, we got finished up cause jhg didn’t want to keep paying us. There’s an issue with a greywater system being installed against health dept guidelines.

Theres still some more reglazes of the big curved glass to do. Think they will struggle to find another company to do it. Such a cool building with so many problems. :(

Nup, we got finished up cause jhg didn’t want to keep paying us. There’s an issue with a greywater system being installed against health dept guidelines.
Theres still some more reglazes of the big curved glass to do. Think they will struggle to find another company to do it. Such a cool building with so many problems. [emoji20]
Oh no! More problems!?!??!
Much happening job wise there?

Got lots on this year, but they are all running behind. We’ve got the Ritz, another hotel tower Double Tree I think and another tower in Murray street. Just looking for something in the short term. How’s it looking over there?

Got lots on this year, but they are all running behind. We’ve got the Ritz, another hotel tower Double Tree I think and another tower in Murray street. Just looking for something in the short term. How’s it looking over there?
Not so bad then. Worst case you get some more listening time!
Very good here for me. A bit the same work wise though. Seems to be a lot of things kicking off here around April.
  • Like 1

Sweet, cheers mate will look into it. I do vaguely remember seeing something about that but didn’t delve any further.
The Meridians are very nice well made bits of gear for sure. Definitely not the be all and end all, but nice for very little outlay.

Meridian have always been at the forefront in technology and innovation in all things audio - many under rate them because they lack coloration so their neutrality comes across as boring .
I have enormous respect for the value they provide and still fondly remember the first power pre combo produced.
The 101/ 105 mono blocs which retailed for $2,500 in 1977 !!
Managed to afford them 20 years later and worth the wait! [emoji4]
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Quick listen tonight. Sounds pretty good I think.

Big thank you to an awesome SNA’er who helped bring it back to life for me. Very happy.

Have the stock Chinese rectifier in at the moment. Will get a handle of the sound from it and then swap out for something a little better in the next couple of days.

• Like 1

Quick listen tonight. Sounds pretty good I think.
Big thank you to an awesome SNA’er who helped bring it back to life for me. Very happy.
Have the stock Chinese rectifier in at the moment. Will get a handle of the sound from it and then swap out for something a little better in the next couple of days.

A good rectifier valve can make a dramatic difference. Good to here your up and running mate! Well done!
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

White marble on the fireplace, curved black art deco style mantle. Both rooms will be repainted and will also put up some picture rail. 

Im going to need a rack to put my gear into so I’m thinking of making something out of steel box section and I have a heap of jarrah I can use for shelves. The other option I’m thinking is a Quadraspire q4 evo. Not cheap but they look good and are modular.

• Like 1

White marble on the fireplace, curved black art deco style mantle. Both rooms will be repainted and will also put up some picture rail. 
Im going to need a rack to put my gear into so I’m thinking of making something out of steel box section and I have a heap of jarrah I can use for shelves. The other option I’m thinking is a Quadraspire q4 evo. Not cheap but they look good and are modular.

Looking forward to seeing photos of both the mantle and the rack mate. You do good work.

2 hours ago, todagt said:

Once that DIY bug bites.......

I’m waaaay over doing stuff around here. I just want to sit back and relax. Finally diy some hi fi gear would be good. Been talking about it for ages just haven’t got around to it yet.

Here’s some of my work around the house .

• Like 1