New member from Victoria, Australia

Hi, my name is Martin and I am into hiFi and all things vinyl. I have two TT's - both much modded and updated. An early Linn Sondek - new motor, Herc in a Mose case, new base and lid, springs etc with an Ortofon OM2 Blue into a SS phono stage, Mosfet pre and KT88 pwer amp run in triode mode - speakers are Tannoy Eatons with HPD295A Gold monitors all refurbished with new rubber surrounds and upgraded crossovers. My other system is a Luxman A522 - stripped out and rebuilt to rega P3 specs with new motor, pcb, subplatter and bearing and beautiful Rega RB300 arm completely refurbed by Johnny at Audio Origami. I use a small twin triode preamp, a phono stage based on NAIM boards and a Quad 303 power amp - all into a stunning pair of Altec Lansing 8's with the Mantra Ray horns. I am experimenting with a notebook, FLAC files and a nice little DAC from Honkers. I buy a lot of new and used vinyl.

post-138838-0-35007200-1357429094_thumb.

post-138838-0-30506400-1357429116_thumb.

post-138838-0-50901700-1357429141_thumb.

• 3 years later...

Hi Martin,

I read your comments on the speed issue you experienced with your Luxman A522.

Funny thing...I recently acquired an A522 which is running at around 24.6 RPM instead of 33.3 RPM...sound familiar?

So looks like I am having the same problem which you did...may I ask were you bought your new motor, sub-platter etc?

I will be needing one for mine.

Cheers...Vanch :-)

Plenty 3090