damohpi

SOLD: FS: Shindo Petite Latour Loudspeakers

Item: Shindo Petite Latour Loudspeakers
Price: $9,900 
Item Condition: 7/10, some minor marks, second owner
Reason for selling: Upgrade to full size Shindo Latour
Payment Method: Negotiable
Extra Info:

This is a somewhat unique opportunity to purchase a pair of Shindo "Petite" Latour Loudspeakers, rarely available on the second hand market, even more-so in Australia.

These are the "Alnico" version using modified Altec 1" HF and 12" LF drivers, Western Electric/Altec horn, proprietary adjustable crossover networks, and hand tuned resonate cabinets. The cabinets are finished in beautiful Pau Ferro (rosewood) veneer with trademark speaker legs. Sound is as good as they look, rich, coherent and open. The ideal compliment to any full Shindo system.

The cabinets are approximately 45cm wide x 45cm deep and 120cm tall, the legs add around 6cm to the width at the base of the cabinets, weight is unknown but I estimate around 30-35kg per speaker, so not exactly 'petite' by modern standards.

I have rated them 7/10 due to not being the original owner, there are some minor hairline scratches and small marks from previous shipping. There is also some fading of the cabinets from sunlight exposure, visible in the attached photographs around the grill area, otherwise they are in original condition. They are approximately 5 years old (2007). Reason for sale is the desire to upgrade to the full size Shindo Latour.

As above I am located in Brisbane, but will ship Australia wide, or even international, freight costs will be quoted on an individual basis to serious buyers. Approximate crated dimensions are 120cm (L) x 66cm (W) x 145cm (H), and ~100 Kg if you would like to obtain your own estimates.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions, or would like more pictures.

Pictures:

post-104717-0-26898400-1358749635_thumb. post-104717-0-23581500-1357177249_thumb. post-104717-0-11482300-1357177221_thumb. post-104717-0-82066700-1357177237_thumb. 

Edited by damohpi

Awesome! I can only dream but these will make someone very happy

Do you have any specs on these?  I can't find any on the 'net.

Do you have any specs on these?  I can't find any on the 'net.

There are no published specs that I am aware of, you could email Shindo, use the larger Latour as a guide, or infer them from similar Altec drivers (414 and 802/806)

Edited by damohpi

These must be one of the most musical speakers on the planet...good luck with the sale!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bilbo
      Item:  Custom Steel Speaker Stands
      Price:  $70.00 ono
      Item Condition:  Fair (structurally sound but in need of a respray).
      Reason for selling:  NLR
      Payment Method: Local Pickup - Cash (Too big to post)
      Extra Info:  These stands are custom made to support stand mount speakers.  They are 240mm at the top and 360mm at the bottom and 400mm high (including spikes).  They are structurally sound but could do with a new coat of spray paint to bring out the bling.

Photos: 

• By Beeman1986
      Item: JBL Authentics L8
      Location: Sydney, Alexandria (or office at Greenwich on weekdays)
      Price: $500 (prefer pickup but happy to ship at buyers expense)
      Item Condition: Perfect used condition
      Reason for selling: No longer used
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Used as my office speaker before purchasing the Naim Mu-So i also have advertised. Has been sitting in storage for about a year finally gotten around to clearing it out. No issues at all with the unit and the sound is great for a smaller room or even as a sound bar. The amount of bass is also quite surprising for the size. Comes with all original accessories and original packaging.

More info on the speaker here: https://eu.jbl.com/AUTHENTIC+L8.html?

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Beeman1986
      Item: Naim Mu-So (original model)
      Location: Sydney, Alexandria (or office at Greenwich on weekdays)
      Price: $900 (prefer pickup but happy to ship at buyers expense)
      Item Condition: Used but in perfect condition
      Reason for selling: No longer used
      Extra Info: Used this in my office for a good year before finally upgrading to a different setup. The clarity is fantastic and it gets quite loud, even for the relatively large room it was being used. Comes all the original accessories and packaging.

• By Josh Ballard
      Item: Richter Wizards MK1 speakers
      Price: 250
      Item Condition: Used, Good 6/10
      Reason for selling: Not Used
      Extra Info: 
      Awesome speakers if you like rock music. Decent condition. All drivers work flawlessly. A few cosmetic issues could possibly be cleaned up. 
      Would be perfect for someone who lives richters. 

• By La scala
      Item: Klipsch La Scala speakers 
      Price:  $3500
      Item Condition: Great for their age, 1978 ish Alnico 
      Reason for selling: Told to shed some gear
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash,  Bank Tranfer COD Only
      Extra Info: East coast buyers, can do live video demo via FaceTime 
      These have the favoured Alnico Magnets, serviced X Overs and updated Mundorf Capacitors, some body bracing to tighten bottom end.
      All drivers work spot on.
      Sound wise, these have a uncanny ability to project a very large wall of sound with fine detail and dynamic authority.  Impressive as I am normally into Electrostats, Planar and Ribbon speakers. Very versatile and allow use of Set Valve Amps due to their 100db efficiency.