Sign in to follow this  
Bus_Boy

No sound after MCACC

Hi guys,

My receiver Pionner SCLX71 was all running fine, i had the mains and centre running (no rears as yet) everything was good, had made adjustments to the xovers, sub, and set the centre to +3db.

Anyhow today i thought i wonder if the MCACC can do anything for me across the front stage even though i have no rears connected. I plugged in the mic, it went through all it's settings, played all test tones ect, then once it was done i lost all sound.

I tried to run the MCACC again, and now everytime it says there is no mic detected, and no speakers detected, they all come up as error.

i've tried the master reset, and still there is no detection of the mic or speakers, The only was to get sound from the amp is to use pure direct, nothing else is working.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've been going through the owners manual for hours and i can't find anything in there, or on the web !! It's also making a beeping noise through the left speaker when the unit is turned on?

Edited by Bus_Boy

Now im plugging the mic in and the left channel is making a screeching sound that wants to go to full volume i have to keep fighting the volume knob i trun it down and it roars back up !! It' like misquiteo noise its ear peicring and insalnely loud !!!

Edited by Bus_Boy

PLugged the speakers into an old amp and they are fine so can rule that out, unit still wont pick up mic or speakers....

I am intrigued by this but cannot help so will just have to watch.

Edit: did you have it set for no rear speakers before you ran the auto cal?

Edited by Newman

Originally i had it set for no rear speakers, but i dont think it really makes a difference if nothing is connected to the outputs. Pluged a set of sacrifical speakers in if i hold them to my ear there is sound there, not music just background hum / hiss, amp turns on and off just fine, and all menus are working, just no output from speakers. I can skip the mic in the auto calibration, but the speakers must each produce a test tone to move forward.

Just try and reset the amplifier to its default settings. These things sometimes happen with auto calibration features on AVR's.

I've done master reset about 20 times and still no output, all speakers come up as error.....Might have to take it to a tech, Pioneer said perhaps something has corrupted when it first ran the auto calibration....

Maybe a silly question - are the speakers turned on? Try cycling through the speaker a, speaker b and speaker a+b combo.

I got stung with this on my SC-LX82 after the kids had been playing with it...

Pull off the power cable. Not just switch off by button, This will switch off totally. Then try to reset.

I just picked up a SC-1522 used. Can't get any sound, multiple resets with cord and not. Tried firmware updates, no luck. Everything is connected properly as its not my first rodeo.  Need help please.