Sign in to follow this  

The team at Emotiva have really been busy and seem to have noticing the way feature rich machines are heading and have come up with this...look

any one have comments?

It'll cost you around $2000 Australian (including freight, duty and GST) landed when it is available.

Probably won't ship with TACT

Only has one HDMI out.

Emotiva don't have a good track record with pre/pro's.

:sorry: I'm in a negative mood today

Given the rocky start the UMC-1 had, I'd be reluctant to be a first adopter.

The UMC-1 was however diligently improved with firmware upgrades and by all accounts is now an excellent pre-pro.

Also as mentined, TaCT EQ will be an update down the track, as it doesn't look to be ready in time for launch.

Given the rocky start the UMC-1 had, I'd be reluctant to be a first adopter.

The UMC-1 was however diligently improved with firmware upgrades and by all accounts is now an excellent pre-

I think I can vouche for that. I bought my UMC -1 in March this year with latest FW but wasn't able to use it till November. Together with the XPA-5, it works very well and I haven't had a problem. Sounds like it had a rocky start and history though. I would assume that Emotiva have learned a great deal out if the UMC-1 upgrade history. Still, I won't be rushing into getting the new XMC-1for reasons stated above :)

Also as mentined, TaCT EQ will be an update down the track, as it doesn't look to be ready in time for launch.

Depends, if it doesn't launch for another 6-12 months then the update might be available by then lol.

i'd stick to their power amps only

they need more practice at making all in one ht pre's before they can master and compete with the mainstreamers.

though once they have perfected the art, i will definitely be onboard to purchase one of them