Mercedes A Class

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

few external shots,         the grill is an absolute thing of beauty and love the big propeller up the front  

thanks guys ! we just came back from a drive in the hills. first chance I got to stretch it legs. its a really nice cruiser. and handles the winding and twisting bits very nicely. I gave it a couple o

so what are these cars like in use ? when talking about ergonomics, practicality, creature comforts economy etc... As far as ergonomics goes, both are similar on the surface, ie both with your typica

• Moderators
Great write up Al

So glad you are pleased

Where is the golf now? 2nd car or sold?

thanks norpus, golf got traded on end of lease so now gone :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

as more owners get their a250 more feedback coming in, this one below on doing long distances

5250 Km, 12,5 km/l or 8.0L 100Km in 18 days.,,,,,,, 230km/h close to 4000 rpm, not bad.

Car run perfect, no problem at all, i had an C200 2013 but this one a better car, sporty for sure, great seats even on an 700km in 1 day, around 8,5 hours. luv it.

230 km/h,,,,, it was not the top speed, a short time i was on 243, German autobahn, not sure was the rpm.

on crusing 120km/h around 2000 rpm, low rpm like an diesel :) 

longest trips I've done is about 2 hours in the car so good to hear how its like when going longer. and at high speed :lol: definitely got long legs this one hehe

• Moderators

very odd I agree

and by the look of the pics (ie left hand drive model) and commenty with regard ride and exhaust I dare say this was actually a very old pre local release review done overseas on a non "engineered by amg" model. rather than what we get here with the sports edition with amg exhaust and non run flats.

looks like a theyve dug something out the archives to use as a filler ! 

Edited by :) al
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

got this curious silver parcel in the mail,

file_zps55ff343f.jpg

file_zps017026de.jpg

file_zps23153672.jpg

corporate program card and a nice merc book, nice touch :)

• Moderators

great drive, yep doesnt hold back, for what is a road car man that does so well on that track :) norpus you are going to love this thing ! :D

great drive, yep doesnt hold back, for what is a road car man that does so well on that track :) norpus you are going to love this thing ! :D

Yup! :)

The odd track day was the clincher for the choice of the a45

• 4 weeks later...

I would take a Boxster thanks, although it would not suit my need as a company car, it would fit my want:)

Great rap by Harris for both the A45 and M135i. I am excited

• Moderators

good run down on the CLA in this clip :)

hehe ps should have said helps if can speak russian, wife helped in that regard with translation. but yeah enjoyable still.

my wife actualyl says she likes the sedan why must say too in the shots in the clip looks heaps better than the photos have seen so far. will be a sell out as well I think as the a250 has been have no doubt !   

Edited by :) al
  • Moderators

Stop teasing me Al;)

Sorry norpus couldn't help taking a picture !

'bout time you cleaned it, Al ;)

Great looking car.

Thanks wol ! Yep sm in love :)

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

merc 

The GLA, a baby SUV based on the A-Class, will be available Q2 2014. http://www.caradvice.com.au/246331/mercedes-benz-gla-official-pictures-leaked/

attachicon.gifMercedes-Benz-GLA-official-leak-1.jpg

merc australia reckons its going to be their most popular model ! definitely I reckon if like the rest of the a series it will be a sell out wiht long waits :)

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

just clocked over 6months and 6000 clicks in my a250 and still loving it ! the gorgeous thing it is :D

just cant help myself admiring it. the interior the exterior, the way sits on the road. the way it sounds the way it drives. the whole package.

for any new buyers a couple of must do's definitely tint the front windows and definitely go the command pack. rest of other options upto you but definitely do those really worth it :D

starting to see a few more a250s on the road. but am fairly close to merc HQ so expect to see them around. mainly white and mountain grey have seen so far. perhaps the two more popular colours. love my red one though :)

ps seen a couple of a200s as well, and a blue one aswell like the one below. very clean lines and looks pretty smart in blue I must say 

10089877313_8ff4c8168e_b.jpg

• Like 1

Took a drive in my work colleagues new mountain grey A250 today - got it last Thursday. He is rapt.

Very sharp driving and very attractive colour combo with the red highlights.

• Like 2
... But some people are willing to pay 10 - 20K above retail for that fleeting moment of pride.

People did it for the MkV GTI, the BMW 1M,  then the 86/BRZ and now the AMG45.

BMW 1M???

Pre-order price was $99k +ORC

Current used sell price is $>100k +ORC

I don't see a loss of 10-20k here.

BMW 1M???

Pre-order price was $99k +ORC

Current used sell price is $>100k +ORC

I don't see a loss of 10-20k here.

Actually if you wanted one new - the going rate was $110,000 min spec (no options) on road- I checked when they were still being sold new.

But try and sell one now (several listed at $80-85K)- very hard unless you let it go at $80-85K or less. Otherwise, it will sit unsold in carsales.com.au for months. I was tracking one at a dealer which has been there since last year. Used to see it on the way to work everyday until a few weeks ago - price was $110K with 25K kms on the clock. Looks like it is no longer listed -  Took 6-8  mths to sell at least. I remember it was for sale when I was looking at my Boxster (which I purchased late Dec). It may not have sold even, dealers are known to get rid of cars that don't move by offering them to wholesalers.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/results.aspx?silo=stock&q=((((((((SiloType%3d%5bBrand+new+cars+in+stock%5d)%7c(SiloType%3d%5bBrand+new+cars+available%5d))%7c(SiloType%3d%5bDemo+and+near+new+cars%5d))%7c(SiloType%3d%5bDealer+used+cars%5d))%7c(SiloType%3d%5bDemo+and+near+new+cars%5d))%7c(SiloType%3d%5bPrivate+seller+cars%5d))%26((Make%7b%3d%7d%5bBMW%5d)%7b%26%7d(Model%7b%3d%7d%5b1+Series+M%5d)))%26(Service%3d%5bCarsales%5d))&vertical=car&sortby=TopDeal

You will find most 1Ms with very little Kays on the clock because, the suspension is stiff as. You will need a very good back to drive one. People with bad backs need not apply or have a very good chiropractor on hand.

Edited by triode12

If you want to move the car then expect to sell it at $80-85K- a bit odd mentioning the 3rd lowest price...

Pre-order price of $99K is ex ORC. To drive the car off the lot cost a lot more than $99K - $110-120K if you bargain hard enough - the cars were hot then due to the hype. If you take away the ORC of the car from what you can sell the car for now - it is more than a $10-20K loss.

Edited by triode12

Hi Triode

All prices i quoted are ex ORC, but I think you already knew that, as i made reference to it,

+ORC is a constant, irrespective of purchase price with the cars we are talking about, and I think you knew that too.

12 cars for sale ATM on carsales

Min $84.5k

Max $122k

Average ~$102k, hardly a 10 - 20k loss.

• 1 month later...

Just had an A45 AMG drive past me on the walk from train station to office ... was driven by a Mercedes merchanic and with trade plates on .... the guy wasn't afraid to give it a few ... sounds and looks very nice ... was certainly the highlight of my morning walk!!

I work on level 5 in a building along the main drag just down from the Ferrari, Merc, Audi, Lambo dealerships so always some nice eye-candy around the place for me :). Oh there is a porsche dealer around here somewhere too, but really who cares about them?  :P

Edited by hochopeper
  • Like 1

Just had an A45 AMG drive past me on the walk from train station to office ... was driven by a Mercedes merchanic and with trade plates on .... the guy wasn't afraid to give it a few ... sounds and looks very nice ... was certainly the highlight of my morning walk!!

:P

Stop teasing me ! :(. :)

• Moderators

saw another CLA today this time a mountain grey CLA45 ! I must say it looked gorgeous. the sedan really is a very low slung thing compared to the hatch. looks very sleek nothing like in the photos. and the way it took off to join traffic loved the sound of the exhaust note :)

Agreed, I followed a white CLA45 in the tunnel last week and had a good gander

As you say, even better in the flesh. Love the rear lights when they come on