Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Mercedes A Class

After seeing the first of the A Class in person am super impressed both inside and out. I am pretty sure what will be upgrading my golf gti to now I think :)

file.jpg

file-1.jpg

file-3.jpg

file-2.jpg

Are they selling them already?? I thought they would only be on the market next year.

a 2 litre diesel.........worthy no doubt but zero driving appeal. The B class diesel is one of the worst cars I have ever driven. It's a German Corolla

Looks terrific, Al. Have you had a drive?

Looks fantastic, but how does it perform? I just love my Golf GTi. Will need to look at specs.

Are they selling them already?? I thought they would only be on the market next year.

next year indeed :)

a 2 litre diesel.........worthy no doubt but zero driving appeal. The B class diesel is one of the worst cars I have ever driven. It's a German Corolla

I wouldnt get a diesel either :)

Looks terrific, Al. Have you had a drive?

the photos dont do it justice wol, it really is quite a looker :)

no didnt drive it, just a look see, sat behind the wheel etc. The A250 is one I want to drive :D

[quote name=:) al' timestamp='1356007260' post='815009]

next year indeed :)

I wouldnt get a diesel either :)

the photos dont do it justice wol, it really is quite a looker :)

no didnt drive it, just a look see, sat behind the wheel etc. The A250 is one I want to drive :D

I definitely agree Al. It does actually look very nice and with a decent engine up front it may well put paid to the boring small Benzes :thumb:

Looks fantastic, but how does it perform? I just love my Golf GTi. Will need to look at specs.

absolutely love my gti as well. the a250 AMG sport model compares pretty favourably to the gti in spec. and I can move from my current lease which finishes next year to one of those for nothing additional so looking like a pretty hot candidate. Cant wait to drive one to find out how it goes :)

Edited by :) al

I love diesels! Need to investigate further.

Looks great, so much better than the new BMW 1 series equivalent.

The audiophile in me was tempted by a recent magazine review I read on these, said if you want to hear how loud it is at speed all you gotta hold the page up close to your ear.

Looks great, so much better than the new BMW 1 series equivalent.

It doesn't take a lot to make any car look better than the new BMW 1 series. BMW really lost the plot on this one.

Edited by triode12

Looks great.....I don’t like the shade of red, but apart from that its on the money....speaking of which what is the GTI equivalent going to set us back?

....probably be getting a new car late 2013/early 2014 and at present it'll be another Golf

I am not a fan of how the BMW 1 looks but it sure drives incredibly well. FWIW the M Sports 135 adds a bit of aggression and the rear looks a lot like a Polo which isn't a bad thing.

I love the black out.

I expect it looks even better 'in the flesh'

Graham

It doesn't take a lot to make any car look better than the new BMW 1 series. BMW really lost the plot on this one.

True, I don't see as badly as that but as much as tried to love the 1 series something seems lacking. They go well but I styling they're a mis mash. Externally could maybe live with but internally they're really quite drab and not sure a fan.

Looks great.....I don’t like the shade of red, but apart from that its on the money....speaking of which what is the GTI equivalent going to set us back?

....probably be getting a new car late 2013/early 2014 and at present it'll be another Golf

As mentioned for me mk6 gti to a250 would be change over on the lease costing me nothing more. The bare bones gti is great buying but option up and Thats when costs start to equalise or actually cost more on the gti if try to option the same as a standard a250. The baby mercs eg the a250 are coming fully loaded so can pretty much buy a standard version and posdibly have all you could wish for :)

I am not a fan of how the BMW 1 looks but it sure drives incredibly well. FWIW the M Sports 135 adds a bit of aggression and the rear looks a lot like a Polo which isn't a bad thing.

The 1 series definitely go well. 135i to be honest might compare more to the upcoming amg a45. That's in another league. But if BMW were to compete with merc on their a class they'd need to also do something on pricing. The 125i when checked pricing was going up over $15k vs a250. Bmws unless buying the std poverty pack cars really start to get silly if optioned up :)

Car of the Year 2013?

Be interesting to see how stacks up :)

I love the black out.

I expect it looks even better 'in the flesh'

Graham

Interestingly driving yesterday saw a white one on the freeway also with the black contrasting wheels and mirrors roof Etc also looked fantastic. Sits really well on the road. Riding pretty low and flat. The low roof line gives that look. It's almost like a chopped roof. Realise that sitting inside :)

If Neil Lyndon is even remotely close to being correct, it just looks like another Benz snoozfest. Anything that is based on the B class is a must avoid IMO.

I hope I am wrong though.

Guest JohnA

will be interested to see them and take one for a spin when at dealerships.

Hope reliability is good also

i want to get my dirty fingers on a 560 sel,