Dynavector tonarm rewire-help.

Ok Major disaster.....Tonearm cable is broken on a Dynavector 505 tonearm.

I have email Decibel HIFI about this.............NO REPLY [not good guys,...even a NO would of done.]

Anybody know who I could send this to in OZ.....who could do it well?

I could DIY to a certain extent ......through the Tracking force scale/sub arm is the bit that stuffs me....How to I take it apart and put it back together again?

Anybody help in that Dept?

Ok Major disaster.....Tonearm cable is broken on a Dynavector 505 tonearm.

I have email Decibel HIFI about this.............NO REPLY [not good guys,...even a NO would of done.]

Anybody know who I could send this to in OZ.....who could do it well?

I could DIY to a certain extent ......through the Tracking force scale/sub arm is the bit that stuffs me....How to I take it apart and put it back together again?

Anybody help in that Dept?[/b]

I've got a manual in the shed somewhere- I'll have a look today and see if it will help.

I have email Decibel HIFI about this.............NO REPLY [not good guys,...even a NO would of done.][/b]

I think Brian is away. He is also not answering my emails which is very strange.

He will get back to you when he can Im sure.

Hello tweaky,

Yes Jonathan is a very helpful guy that will be in a position to get you a firm answer on this.

Some members might not realise this is a bi axis arm and probably not the easiest thing to work with.

Tweaky I know someone with a 507 arm still in its box that might be available for a special price if you would like me to make a call for you.

Cheers Tony C

Thanks for the input guys.

I have that installation manual guys,thanks anyway.

I might wait and see if Decibel get back to me,strange,I placed an order and got an email back from them just the week before saying they didn't have one of the items in stock.

Actually as I type this and looking over at the arm,I've just noticed a small screw that I didn't see before holding the tracking force assembly together.......see what happens when I unscrew it. :)

A heads up to anybody about to mount one of these 1200g beasts,strip it down first would be my recommendation,and then build it back up.

It didn't take much play in all that weight in the wrong place to slice through a cable.

You learn by your mistakes as they say

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed them almost 2 weeks ago - absolutely no reply....

Decided to go elsewhere

cheers

2sheds[/b]

Funny....... I emailed Johnny last night and had a reply waiting for me when I got up this morning. His work is A1 and I can heartily recommend him.

Chris