warnsey1

Post some pics thread...

I made a couple of friends today, up in the sunshine coast hinterland.

Olympus OMD EM 1 II, and Olympus 40 - 150 2.8 Pro 

All f3.2 and speed average around 1/1000

M main.jpg

main 2.jpg

horse b and w.jpg

M3.jpg

M5.jpg

M111.jpg

M8.jpg

M11.jpg

6 hours ago, soundfan said:

Abstract

abstract1.jpg

Looking down into a coiled leaf or flower? Nice colour effects.

65BDA876-3119-4906-9D3F-453EE89E30A9.thumb.jpeg.934535b2eaf1a7cc6be41328b7e14d8a.jpeg

Spinebill

A40263F2-47AE-4563-9359-9616A9B7211A.thumb.jpeg.20fb86e34622fdb1accd806f6c5b29e1.jpeg

Mornington peninsula, ocean side

85FEA602-5A64-40A3-8C57-FE6D894547DF.thumb.jpeg.97df564ca48f97652f50aca10081caf6.jpeg

54 minutes ago, buddyev said:

Looking down into a coiled leaf or flower? Nice colour effects.

A plant with water near it's base. Don't know what plant though. :(

Vandyke brown contact print using 14x17 pinhole camera negative.

Whats left of the old barb wire fence in Rothwell wet lands (which are pretty dry at the moment)

Pinhole fence post on vandyke brown

Excellent work as usual. Real interested in your pin hole. Would you put up an image of it. Also any help to make one. Drawings of construction. Did use photo paper of film stock. 

22 minutes ago, mwhouston said:

Excellent work as usual. Real interested in your pin hole. Would you put up an image of it. Also any help to make one. Drawings of construction. Did use photo paper of film stock. 

Thanks, I have still got a lot of processing issues to sort out, but am getting better.

I used this calculator to work out focal lengths and, pinhole size.  https://www.mrpinhole.com/wiz.php

You can use paper but its ISO is about 1. I use normal film for 8x10 and xray film for 14x17. Xray film has a few processing issues (scratches very easily), but is relatively cheap bought in the USA on ebay (100 sheets for under $200 including gst Australian delivered to the door)

Like I tell everyone a camera is just a box with a lens up one end and a piece of photo film/ photo paper or digital sensor up the other end.....although a big box is really hard to make light tight.

I made mine to take 2 different lens one .7mm at 270mm focal length is around f350 gives a 90 degree view angle and full coverage of about 600mm on the diagonal. I made a box with in a box so I can use .8mm lens at 360m focal length and 75 view angle, doesnt quite cover the film, havent used it yet so not sure what the look would be.

I made a film holder, but cant stop the light leaks, so put film in the darkroom and keep it covered up and only get one shot.

There are heaps to do with pinhole, get into it. Large format is reasonably sharp at close quarters if you use the calculator for optimum sharpness. Heaps of info on the web, best cameras are ones you make yourself.

FBPHC

pinhole camer 1.jpg

pinhole camera 7.jpg

pinhole camera 6.jpg

On 5 January 2019 at 8:34 AM, awty said:

Ye olde "fuzzy-wuzzy" picture

14"x17" pinhole negative, contact printed on cotton rag with Vandyke Brown emulsion.

Sea Shells.

Did some pinhole experiments back in the 80's with the cardboard tube that usually carries whisky bottles.

An 8 x 10 inch sheet of photographic paper fits around the inner circumference. Pinhole best made in a thin flexible sheet of brass

that you attach to the outside of the tube. Yep, exposures are looooong due to the paper's low sensitivity!

Still a big fan of Les Walkling.  In his pre digital days he was a master of the 8 x10 view camera and Ansel Adam's zone system.

He even had his Pentax 1 spotmeter calibrated in zones.

www.leswalkling.com 

https://www.raylarose.com/words/zone-metering-pentax-v-spot-meter

regards Ian

some more Brown goshawk pics:

cheers

mick

Edited by mickj1

At Abbotsford Convent. After the heartbreak of being told that there were no more banana fritters, consoling myself with the really nice light.

mws68c.jpg

Edited by ArthurDent